Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 08:50 PM

Peaceful evening interrupted

Well, we sat down tonight on one of those rare occasions that OH finished work early to watch 'Oz and James' big wine adventure. Cassie was asleep on her dad's knee for the first 20 minutes or so then decided it was play time. Ok for the first few minutes as the toy of choice is a very quiet 'indoor' ball.
Then the mayhem starts...Cassie came home from her nana's yesterday with a new toy. A dumbell with the loudest squeak I have ever heard in my life. It's so bad that I thought I was going insane. Put a hole in it you say? Oh no, it is made of the toughest rubber ever and won't puncture.
Think it's time to set nana a set of rules for toy buying
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Och yer a spoil sport... I'll send ya a pair of "Papermill quality" earplugs... and then ya can let the poor wee doggy play in peace hmmph :-p
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Might of known I wouldn't get any sympathy from you. Guess what Jake and Charlie are getting for Christmas from Cassie. Mwahaha
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2006, 08:58 PM
hehe sorry but somebody has to take the poor doggies side
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Oh yes, cause she has a terrible life. Currently mithering for whatever biscuits OH has in his pocket.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

22-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Grandparents eh? Always spoiling the 'kids'. You could always say that as she was so kind as to buy it, Cassie could leave it over there for when she stays... so she has something to play with... *evil grin* lol
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Azz, you're a genius. Think I'll pack it with her overnight bag
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Sounds great Jackie, where did they get it from? My dogs can rip a toy in half in seconds. I love them to squeak stuff as it sends them into a frenzy, just to watch their puzzled faces but it only takes one squeak and its dead.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 10:20 PM
in my experience the best thing to do would be to return to grannies house with said offensive toy and "accidentally" leave it there.

I did that with one of Bruno's bones that had a horrid smell about it and he loved it - so left it at grannies and it never returned to house.

Granny wasnt best pleased when she found it buried in the sofa though !!! LOL Mwahaha !!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Luz, I think it was probably a pound shop toy, they usually are. Would you like me to mail it to you LOL
Dani,
If Luz doesn't want it, I may just take it back to her over Christmas. LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >