Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 07:11 AM

Help Advice needed - Blackouts

Hey everyone, hope your all well

Of course im going to see my GP about this i just wondered if anyone had any advice or suffered from the same problem.

Earlier on in the year i went to thorpe park (theme park) with some friends, i was queing for a ride when suddenly my heart started racing so fast, and i felt like i was going to be sick, then all i could see out of my eyes was bright spots, i couldnt see anything, and my friends voices were muffled, my freinds helped me out of the queue and got me to a bench which i just fell onto, they got me a drink of water and minutes later i was absolutely fine! At the time i put this down to it being a hot day and me probably not drinking enough water.
But yesterday the exact same thing happened, this time i was in the bath, just chilling and it happened again, the dizziness my vision and hearing going, its horrible!
Im so worried because my mum has a heart problem which she said she got from her mum

Anyone had the same??
Thanks in advance, gems x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 07:17 AM
I have Gems, but for a reason - I have IBS and when I get bad stomach cramps this happens to me - it's a faint, according to my GP. It's really horrible, especially the *deafness* and feeling of helplessness. Sometimes I can stop it happening by putting my head between my legs.

Hope you get it sorted soon honey xx
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 08:38 AM
That's horrible for you Gems. I experienced something similar when I was pregnant with my first. Obviously the reason for this though was the pregnancy. Very frighening though. I hope you get it sorted. Keep us posted. xx
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 08:54 AM
Could be loads of things Gems, almost sounds like a panic attack. Where you short of breath when your heart was racing? If so make sure you tell your doc, is's important. If not it could be like the symptoms I experienced when my thyroid packed up. There are so many possibles.
Good luck.
x
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 09:03 AM
No advice but want to say I hope you get an answer soon, must be so horrible for you. xx
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 09:11 AM
I have had these a number of times it can be very frightening, once on the edge of a cliff once in the middle of the road (great timing huh! ) I went to the doctor who helpfully told me it was because I was too tall (im 5'10) and to sit down and stick my head between my legs whenever it happened. I wasnt terribly happy with the reply particually as I worked with children at the time and worried it might happen whilst I was carrying a small child!!!! and as my dad is over 6' and never had these 'faints' as she called them or anyone else I know my height or taller I think its a pretty poor explination! But it hasnt happened for awhile and she wasnt prepared to look into it any further so I just left it at that!
I hope your doctor is more helpful! Let us know how you get on!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Could be any of a number of relatively minor things, so don't start worrying about heart problems please!!! I often get spots before my eyes in a hot bath!

I agree with Skjerstad that it sounds quite like a panic attack, but it also could be brought on by low blood pressure, low blood sugar or dehydration, or even mild anaemia. Most of these can be hormonally-linked and/or affected by diet and especially alcohol intake. There's really no point in guessing until you've seen your doctor, but I imagine they will check your blood pressure, ask you a few questions about the circumstances surrounding the events, and possibly recommend a blood test.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 11:20 AM
I hope your doctor sorts you out very soon.

{{{hugs}}} to you x
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Thank you so much for the replies everyone, im seeing my GP on friday morning so hopefully i can shed some light on this, thanks again!!!
nickyv32
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Just to let you know that the same happened to a friend of mine and it was low blood pressure, hope you will be ok, dont get too stressed though at seeing the Doc cos your blood will go the other way...All the best..
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >