View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-10-2006, 12:26 PM

Think i've found a digital SLR camera i like-what do you think?

What do you think to this camera?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...0-21/ref=nosim

I need something to be a bit more 'pro' with than my jenoptik jd, and i need something that can take pictures that aren't just a fuzz-so a good 'action pic' camera. Plus nice portait, landscape shots etc etc-so what do you think to the above camera?
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 12:33 PM
My friend has that one Luke, she takes great pictures with it......it's also in the sale in Argos £179
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Hi Luke,

My first thought is that it doesnt appear to be a traditional SLR in that it doesn't look (at quick glance) like it has interchangeable lenses e.tc e.tc. Also the price seems like it is a little too good to be an D-SLR (usually retailing at £400)

However it does look like a good little camera, i have had no experience with FUJI cameras so can't comment on how effective they are. My camera is now around £320, a MASSIVE price drop from the £700 i paid

I don't know if you have that much to spend but i would recommend the EOS 300D if you do.

Sorry I haven't been much help xxx
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 05:29 PM
very nice and a good price
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Hmmn it did sound a bit odd, i saw this model advertised elsewhere and thats what drew me too it-just thought the Amazon page gave more info, this was the original page i saw the camera on:
http://www.redstore.com/FUJIMG151
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-10-2006, 05:34 PM
It says SLR style on that page (just have been investigatin) what would that mean?
Also, Sharon-any chance of seeing some of your friends pictures? Just want to see what it produces..
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 05:42 PM
I was looking at this camera a few weeks ago when i thought mine was broke, i found it on this site....Cheaper than Amazon

http://www.buyacamera.co.uk/xsearch....=FUJCA460&pt=k
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Hi Luke - I would say its SLR 'style' as in looks -you can't interchange the lenses etc
That said it looks like a very good camera at a very good price
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
It says SLR style on that page (just have been investigatin) what would that mean?
SLR= Single Lens Reflex, and typically what is found in an SLR is Interchangeable lenses (i.e i have a 70-300mm zoom & 28-90 mm zoom)

In traditional film cameras an SLR usually has F Stops (the size of the hole in the lens) and aperature (the time that the film is exposed to light), which allows you to adjust the settings, and select the correct settings for the correct light.

This is also found on d-SLR's, and typically you use a view finder (tiny square on the camera) to frame your photos.

What i find with this camera is that it doesn't have interchangeable lens's and i am unsure whether you can select a manual mode on the camera and adjust F Stops and aperature.

This camera, is typically one made to look like a traditional slr so it is more appealing, but more so doesnt have the features of an SLR for example there is no traditional view finder, and it has a movie mode, something not usually found on d-SLR's. This however doesnt mean the camera is any less of a good buy.

The 1600 ASA or ISO as it is now know feature is a very good one if you are wanting to do movement shots, but the low mega pixel value is worrying as to the quality the camera will produce if you are wishing to enlarge.

Overall i would say the camera isn't much of an upgrade from the one you already have, apart from the 1600 ISO, but if you trick the camera you could probably achieve these results anyway.

I hope that helps and isnt too confusing
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
Hi Luke - I would say its SLR 'style' as in looks -you can't interchange the lenses etc
That said it looks like a very good camera at a very good price
Looks like we posted at the same time
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »