View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 08:58 AM

Talking of what would you do if an aggressive dog was attacking your dog...

This morning I took Roxy up to our local farm fields and she was playing around merrily when I hear this guy yelling "Ben, HERE HERE!!!"

Upon hearing this I put Roxy on her lead, turned round to see this Dobermann cross, standing there staring at us. I ignored him and started walking in the opposite direction, but by this point he was running guns a blazing towards us

Its interesting after the posts we had about what you would do because all I remember was instinctively standing in front of Roxy and saying "no" to this dog. And he stopped in front of me bless him

Then his tail starting wagging and he was play bowing, so I realised he was a friendly dog and let Roxy have a sniff etc.

But the other guy was getting pretty angry with his dog not recalling to him, so I told him Roxy is in heat so thats why hes probably not coming, he relaxed after that said hello, put his dog on lead and went off. Poor guy, he must have been so worried not knowing what his dog was running after, good thing it was just us

Just thought it strange as I have dealt with getting another Dog off Roxy before, but never had to deal with a strange dog running towards us... nice to know that my instincts protect her though
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 09:07 AM
i am pleased it was a nice dog that you had but it does make oyu think though our dogs are our babys so we will protect them.

feel sorry for the other guy though having to keep calling bet he felt silly.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 09:56 AM
When a collie had a go at mollie, it was standing over her, and literally ripping her back open, I got hold of its collar and nearly choked the dog!!!!didn't really think of what I was doing, just wanted to get the dam thing off of my girl!
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 10:15 AM
yeah I have been through alot now, so just calmly grab the offending dog and hand it back to the owner. Been bitten a few times too.

I HATE owners that call and call their dogs, when it is obvious that the dog ain't coming. And then they get mad at the DOG - hello, go do some training! Esp. when they grab the dog and yell at it, or my fav. 'here, here, HERE!' like that is it's name or something.
people are dumb.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Thats true Jess, if anything I just felt a bit embarrased, the dog obviously wasn't going to him and had no intention, hence thats why I said Roxy was on heat, I didn't want this guy to get really angry with his dog, as it wasn't the dogs fault at the end of the day!
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 03:09 PM
this brings back memories when my old dog got attacked by a HUGE GSD.i ran over and thumped the dog on the head, this stunned it and i put my foot on its neck til the owner decided to amble over, then have the nerve to tell me to control my dog. i cant print what i said, too blue. i did report it and the dog was well known to the wardens.
my dog was unhurt, but shaken up, the GSD vanished a few months later.

at the end of the day it all depends on the situation and the severity of the attack to how you react, and ( for the ladies) the time of month!!!!!!