Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2004, 10:54 AM

Bad Weekend?

Just read what happened to us and I am sure its not so bad in comparison as weekends go this wasn’t so bad until Sunday, then it all went pear shaped thanks to Cassy.

Early morning took the dogs, as we always do, to a place a few miles from us where the dogs have acres of land to run off lead (all enclosed), the o/hs parents came too and sat in the back. After an hour up there we put the dogs in the back of the car (boot) where they always go with the grille separating them from the back seats – the o/h is very car proud, I mean this car means as much to him as my dogs mean to me and that is NO understatement. Back to the story we are half way home and smell one almighty stink, yes one of the dogs had let rip in the boot well that was what we thought, windows down and two miles later the smell is still there. Oh no, I realise the worst has happened; yes one of the dogs had crapped all over the boot. Made worse by the fact that they were in there the whole time moving around so yes you guessed it paw prints of shit over the entire boot and crap everywhere including on the back of the MILs coat ops: .

I realised quickly it was Cassy and was really shocked because she has been housetrained since 10 weeks and is a very clean dog infact she hasn’t had any accidents in the house since that age and never once did anything like this in the car, so I realised something was wrong for her to have done this its very out of character. I though the o/h was going to have a heart attack, when we got home & got the dogs out both dogs are now covered in crap, its all over the boot and top of the back seat where there paws are all over their leads – EVERYWHERE it was minging really really bad. Infact I would go as far as to say it was the worst thing I have ever had to smell or clean in my life. I still get the boak just thinking about it now. Well she wasn’t much better yesterday so a trip to the vets and she has perked up a little today. The O/H swears blind the dogs are never ever getting in the car again (I don’t drive) too which will be a nightmare to say the least.

No real reason for this story other than a rant but tell me why the hell do I put up with such, sorry about the pun, crap lol.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2004, 10:59 AM
O Laura

as long as shes ok now- but rather you than me- Id have vomited everywhere
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2004, 11:12 AM
I nearly did several times Lel I will never complain about foxes crap again lol, she is okay now the vet reckons nothing serious just a stomach upset.

Laura
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2004, 11:17 AM
Aww Laura, what is it about men and their bloody cars

Glad to hear that Cassie is ok now - thats the main thing

It funny I have no problems with dog pooh , even the really bad stuff but if my dogs puke, I do a runner...yuk :smt078
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Yikes Laura

Poor u having to clean that up....
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2004, 11:51 AM
Glad to hear Cassy is ok now after her not so little accident.

:smt043 sorry but the MIL's coat!!!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Mmmm not a good weekend then Laura

So long as Cassey is okay now that's the main thing. As for OH he should be grateful u didn't leave it for him clean it up
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2004, 12:00 PM
Glad to hear Cassy's ok now.

I'd rather clear dog sh*t up, than have to change a babies dirty nappy
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2004, 12:12 PM
All's well that ends well I suppose, MIL wasn’t too bothered about the coat it was funny I actually really like her though, my cousin was asking why it couldnt happen to hers who is an old bat, I felt more sorry for them stuck in the back with it all the drive home lol.

Stephanie, my o/h is obsessed with cars and in particular the one he has. Each day it has something else needing repaired or done to it (even though in reality its okay) I sometimes think he cares more about the damn car than us lol.

I agree 100% Wolfie, but then mothers who dont have dogs would probably say the opposite I suppose its what your used to. I dont mind solid poos that you can pick up easily, no what Cassy did was probably better described as foul smelling slush over the back of the car more like a cow pat......sorry guys on that note lol.

Laura
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Thankfully Laura, I can pass an opinion on both (dirty nappies and dog sh*t)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >