Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
minter
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-09-2006, 09:55 AM

Bitch`s first season.

I know I`m thick but when should I expect our Minters first season. She is 6 months now and recently she has been licking herself quit a bit.
There is no discharge and this is something that she hasn`t done much of before, or at least I haven`t noticed.
Also what can I expect apart from the obvious. Ie Is she likely to get moody? etc.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 10:09 AM
I've had one come in at 9 months and one come in at 10, Maddy still hasn't came in and she is almost 14 months.

Usually the smaller the dog, the sooner they come in, but 6 months is a bit young.

Moodyness, clingyness, sometimes they become snappy and easily agitated, off their food, general pmt really!
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 10:14 AM
my girl was 7 months.. first thing i noticed was 'it' was bigger than usual.. the bleeding didn`t appear till about a week after the swelling began.. and it lasted about a month. Apart from that she didn`t appear or behave any differently. I suspect every bitch is different though.. like women.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 10:25 AM
My girls have ranged from 9 months my Inca is 16 months and still no signs.

My Daisy tends to get a bit of PMT just before her season, seems a bit grumpy with my other girls, never got to a fighting stage, just a bit more gumbly than usual.......Lily tends to go extra hyper just before her season too.
minter
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-09-2006, 10:27 AM
Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She might not be starting yet. I haven`t noticed `IT` getting bigger. But,at least I have an idea what to look out for. Thanks.
minter
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-09-2006, 10:28 AM
If our Minter gets any more Hyper she`ll POP!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-09-2006, 10:30 AM
My 2 are now 10 months and have not come in yet. They were extra-hyper a few weeks ago and I thought they would come in but they haven't.
Last week we met a gorgeous rottie in the park and he was Extremely Interested in Maelona's Nether Regions (to the point of resting a paw on her back and looking quizical!!!)and Slightly Interested in Cariad's and the rotties owner said they were probably due in - but nothing as yet.
My 2 weren't remotely Interested in him as a Male, but just wanted to play, doing the bowing thing etc.
huskadie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-09-2006, 10:38 AM
my oldest bitch keiko had her 1st season at 7mths and IT getting bigger was prob the most noticable thing initially.Also she is what i would consider a'large' breed so maybe this was unusually early for a bigger breed?