View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2006, 08:01 PM

How late do u let your kids stay up- out on the streets ??

Schools back- and all my neighbourhood kids are too. I get along with them really well- they love my dog and she loves them. A lot of the parents dont work- well-they are on benefits and on the fiddle but thats another issue Tonite weather was good- its now nealy 9 pm - there are lots of young kids still playing on the streets- its dark- no sign of the parents- these young ones- look as young as 4 or 5 are un-attended and running riot outside- right next to a 4 lane busy road.Maybe Im a bit old-fashioned but at thatage I was in the house or in bed.....It worries me that these adults don't seem bothered that their youngun's are still out.....
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2006, 08:05 PM
This might sound dreadful but i don't let my kids play in the street after tea,I don't like them out there at all,i prefer them to either play in the garden at ours or around there friends house's.Luke's 14 now nearly 15 and he's not allowed out after dark,but he doesn't really bother going out much,he'd rather go fishing with his dad.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2006, 08:08 PM
mine are never out on the street at night.
the only time they play out on the street is in summer when its light on their bikes with a group of mates but they are in by 6/7 latest on holidays.
school about 5 to get tea etc.
even my lad who is 15 soon only out till 9 when he goes to cadets but hes picked up.
i don't think it is safe now days for them to be out on streets they have some areas they are allowed some not and if they go anywhere but where i expect them to be like in a mates house they tell me 1st or boy do they get it if i have to go looking.
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2006, 08:12 PM
My kids are 2 1/2 and 5 1/2 and i wont let them play anywhere out of my sight

I know Rocky is too young but in my opinion so is Reece

What is this world coming too

I know there is a kid in my sons class at school that plays near a busy road, i would nt dream of letting my son play outside my house alone let alone anywhere else
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2006, 08:15 PM
What REALLY worries me about some of my neighbours kids is that we have a very busy corner shop at the end of the road- I often see little ones being sent to the shop late on to get stuff for their parents- as late as 930 pm- any one of them could be snatched by someone calling past... scares me but its none of my business .....
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2006, 08:16 PM
My kids are 9 & 7 and i wont let them play out in the street. I live right by a dual carriage way, and IMO it's just far to dangerous

My sons school say i'm wrong and i should let them play out the front, but i just can't do it x
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2006, 08:21 PM
what about in your garden? watch them through the window.
my girl is only allowed in a section on the street she has set bounderies where i can see from our window.

i have seen some like this hanging around but it makes you wonder if they are lost and if you should try and help or they are in fact just out and about.

kids of that age shouldn't be any where shops at that time of night i wouldn't even send my lad over talk about using your kids as servants.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2006, 08:28 PM
the only time gareth is allowed out at tea time is on the park or the fields outside the house but i go with him just to have a kick around with the football apart from this there is no way he would be allowed out at this time by himself{oh yeh tea time 6oclock hour of footy outside with me till 7 and then in
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2006, 08:29 PM
I am appalled at the apparent disregard some of my neighbours have for their childrens safety. The junior school on my street was the one involved in the child abuse scandals of a few years ago- Marietta Higgs was a consultant at the local pediatric hospital- dozens of children were put in care.Her theories were dismissed but a friend of mine teaches at this school and she had inside information about evidence that that parents were really involved in abusing their own children- so its not really surprising that the kids are out on the streets late and the parents havent a clue what they are up to and probably dont care....
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2006, 08:30 PM
I don't live on an estate so my kids don't have the opportunity to play in a street. They have enough space here to run round in, and they always take one of the dogs with them if they go into the field.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >