Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 09:38 AM

Horrible kids in park

On our walks, we nearly always go round the parks on our estate. Its lovely, becuase you can get from one end to the other without going on any main roads, every little cul-de-sac is connected with a little park or green space. There are loads of childrens play areas as well, nice ones, with proper fencing and padded surfaces, all nice and well kept.

If I take Max out around 6-7pm, there are generally younger kids around, who love to see Max and come over to stroke and play with him.

If we go out after 7pm though, the little kids have been replaced with older teenagers, who throw litter on the floor, and vandalise the parks (throwing the swings over the rail so little kids can't use them)

We went out early yesterday, so all the little kids were out, but when I went out this morning, I ended up going home to get a bin bag! There were bottles and cans and chip wrappers everywhere, broken bits of plastic and other stuff. I've never seen anything like condoms or syringes (which i suppose is good!).

I couldn't let Max off his lead with all the rubbish around, so I picked it up and filled a bin bag and left it next to the rubbish bin.

It makes me so mad that they leave the parks like this for no reason, and vandalise everything
We live in a lovely area (the estate isn't a "nasty" estate) with good schools, and nice houses, and they just wreck it every night.

Me and DH nearly confronted them one night about vandalising the park, but they are all bigger than us, and I think that they have no respect for adults at all!

Grrr
OK, feel better now!

Shelley
x
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 09:50 AM
We live in a small village, which has a small play area for the younger children - the older ones use it at night for a meeting place, leaving rubbish for the younger ones to find. Make me so cross, and sad that there is such a lack of respect.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 09:58 AM
It is such a shame. I remember once my mum found a dominoes box in our lake and luckily it still had the name and address of the person who ordered it. Suprise suprise though, the police couldn't do anything about it.

Since we've had a new girl down the road move in we've been getting a lot of Mc Donalds coke cartons thrown around. My OH always picks them up, bless, and puts them in our bin. Some people just have no respect for their community
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 05:55 PM
wit5h regards to the council estate id get in touch with the council, they should have an anti0social behvior officer working there, and they will do some thing about the problem,
we have 1 family in our turning and its no surprise that the father is a total********* so his kids are way out of control, but i think hes hanging onto his tenacy by the skin of his teeth, so im hoping that a few more complaints and they will be history. so fed up with it all,
good luck with all your probs hope they can be sorted out,
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 06:02 PM
I think bens mum has given a good suggestion phone the council they may not do something straight away but if you keep going or get other people to complain it should work out
little ******s
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 06:24 PM
same round here too
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Molly2606
I think bens mum has given a good suggestion phone the council they may not do something straight away but if you keep going or get other people to complain it should work out
little ******s
oh yea the more u complain the better the results, as they get so fed up with the calls/letters, that they get off thier butts and do something, if not take your digi cam with u and take loads of pics and send them to the local newspaper that will get stuff done, maybe even the police doing their job
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-06-2006, 06:25 PM
We get the teenage yobs here also and they too leave empty beer cans/bottles scattered around play area on field.My garden backs onto the playing fields so in the summer-i can hear them shouting & screaming-even at 1.00am!

They're nothing but little cowards though cause when they try to tease my dog while out walking-i just wander in the play area and ask them to repeat what they said to my face.They havent got the courage to follow anything through when confronted with aggression so is always best to go in with all guns blazing! The softly softly approach will only result in you getting a gob full or worse.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 06:47 PM
my mum is working at our council at the moment,if you call to report glass with our council they have to get somebody out within the hour you could always just say there is rubbish all over the place and you would hate for any kids to get hurt on the park if there is glass lying about (even though you know there's not)
i think most areas have the same problem now,i live in a very respectable area but the older kids are just as cheeky and gobby and destructive as the other parts of town,if ever i see them doing something they shouldn't i go out and give em what for and they do tend to behave i am only 5'5" but they know not to play me up