Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2008, 10:03 AM

Royal Canin new food for CKCS

When getting my mums yorkie RC i noticed they have just introduced a ckcs specific food. Does anyone have any info on this? I feed my two burns but somedays its a struggle to get them to eat it - even my cav who would eat dirt!

i got some sample packs and they both seemed to love it - the reason i dont feed RC is that i feel its over-advertised at the vets and i hate to be pushed into anything

any info or opinions would be welcome
Fizzy Chihuahua
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Royal Canin have made a few new breed specific food's ,
CKCS
Chihuahuahua
Mini Schnauzer
Golden Retriver
Cocker spaniel

Eukanuba have made a few new breed specific foods too,
Staffordshire bull terrier , Jack russell..

The Royal Canin web site has lots of info on it
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 01:56 PM
I tried feeding RC to my cocker spaniels, but it gave them awful orange tear staining, so gave up on it. The only time now I will use it is if one of my girls has been mated, we put them on the RC HT42d from day 1 of season till day 42 pregnancy, then change over to the starter.

We've used the Eukanuba Cocker Spaniel type, knowing they are dogs that put weight on easily, it's just lower in protein etc. More expensive than buying the low activity type of Eukanuba which is basically the same.....but without the cocker spaniel picture of the front of the bag!
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Fizzy Chihuahua View Post
Royal Canin have made a few new breed specific food's ,
CKCS
Chihuahuahua
Mini Schnauzer
Golden Retriver
Cocker spaniel

Eukanuba have made a few new breed specific foods too,
Staffordshire bull terrier , Jack russell..

The Royal Canin web site has lots of info on it
Thanks, I checked the site but it didnt have any info on the new foods, was just wondering if anyone had tried it

Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
I tried feeding RC to my cocker spaniels, but it gave them awful orange tear staining, so gave up on it. The only time now I will use it is if one of my girls has been mated, we put them on the RC HT42d from day 1 of season till day 42 pregnancy, then change over to the starter.

We've used the Eukanuba Cocker Spaniel type, knowing they are dogs that put weight on easily, it's just lower in protein etc. More expensive than buying the low activity type of Eukanuba which is basically the same.....but without the cocker spaniel picture of the front of the bag!
I was wondering if the whole breed specific thing is a bit of a con!

Dont know if i'll give it a try - the last thing i want is to stir up the tear stains again
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 05:39 PM
RC gave mine bad tear stains as well ...........TBH i think its a waste of money