View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SibeLuver03
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2006, 06:47 PM

I'm getting married in just over a month!

Hi everyone!

I don't know if any of you remember me posting a thread several months ago saying that my boyfriend of over 4 years had proposed to me. This was back in October of last year. Since about Febuary, we have begun planning our wedding and have gotten so much done.

I have my wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses, we have someone to make our cake, we have tons of decorations with even more decorating ideas. I am just getting so excited. I absolutely cannot wait to be married to the love of my life.

I won't go on about my wedding plans, I'll get the point of this topic.

While a work sometimes, the girls there rant and bash on their husbands. One older lady says that if she had a choice, she would take back her marriage in a heartbeat. Put simply, neither one of them have really encouraged me in the wedding plans. One hates her marriage, and the other just really says no good about her husband.

It isn't discouraging to me at all. I know who I am marrying. Although I realize there are things about Nick that I will discover that I may not like, such as nasty habits or rude attitudes that he never let me see. And the same goes for him. There may be things about me he sees for the first time! I know that money is going to be hard to come by. We will both be working full time, going to school full time, and time together will probably be limited. But we don't mind, we love each other and want to be together for the rest of our lives. We hope to have a family together later on in life.

I'm happy with who Nick is and I am so excited to think that he will be my husband.

So the topic I want to discuss with you all is your marriages! Those of you who are married and would like to share with us, tell us what you love about your spouse! Tell us the little things that he/she does that just makes you feel light on your toes. Tell us the little things that irritate you, if you want. But lets mainly focus on the good things.

Those of you who aren't married, what are your thoughts on marriage? Do you want to be married someday? Lets share some advantages and disadvantages of marriage.

You have already heard my opinion on marriage! Let's hear your views, everyone!

-Tara-
(bride-to-be)
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 06:52 PM
aww congratulations firstly all so exciting another dw wedding aww you both sound so happy together everyone has there ups and downs in marriages some work some dont.
IM not married so i cant give you any advice on what its like,if someone who id been with for a long time asked me to marry them me myself would have to say no to it marriage is not for me at the end of the day its just a bit of paper saying your married dont mean to put dampers on the marriage thing but its not for me im happy the way i am
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 06:58 PM

congratulations

we're not married yet ( i say yet it might never happen) but i would like to be one day. What i love about him is lots of reasons he makes me laugh, he's my best friend, and i love how good a father he is. He takes care of me he'd do anything for me.

i'm so jealous of you, you can talk to me about your wedding all day if you want id never get bored
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Congratulations on the forthcoming marriage. I've been married 17 years this year and together for 18. Marriage is a personal thing and for those of who are lucky to have been happy then we'll be completely different from those who have had a painful experience. But it's not the actual marriage that causes that - it's the compatibility of the two people!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Congratulations to you both, that special day will come sooner than you expect. One thing I would like to mention to you is that the day will pass so quickly, and you will be wondering where the time went!!!

A video of the day is a must, then you get to see what was going on behind you!! or when you were not looking... but most importantly to watch yourselves..

Try not to be nervous and worry about all the arrangements coming together.. others will do that for you.

I have been with my partner for 22 years, although we only married 10 years ago, and when out daughter was 8 years old! We had a very informal do and the day was perfect apart from my fringe, that bugged me on the day and still does when I look at the photo's!!!!!!!!! I didn't worry that we ran out of desserts!!!!!!!!!

My husband, well he is my best friend, and he is extremelly easy going. He lets me sit on here and cooks my dinner!!! not always but tonight!!
He buys me my favourite sweets to sit on the sofa and scoff! He never makes demands in anyway, and always wishes to please me and my daughter. He is not a romantic but a realist, so sometimes it lacks excitement. He is probably the most supportive man on the planet - and although I have a moan about him leaving the toilet seat up, he is my rock!!

We are now in our mid 40's and starting to enjoy our lives, less stress to achieve and are happy and content with our lives. Our daughter is 18 so we worry about her instead!!!!

I cant believe I have written this and if I was to show him he wouldn't believe it!!!

Be happy stay healthy and be content with each other xxx
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 09:04 AM
I have been with my OH for 5 years this year. We are not married, but i strongly agree with it. I want my children to be brought up by parents who at least share the same surname (if i ever have kids, and if he ever proposes )

Good luck with your wedding and all the best x
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Congratulations

otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2006, 09:22 AM
how exciting - i also get married soon July 8th - watch out dogweb, think you will be having loads of wedding pictures soon!!!

when do you get wed?

jodie
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 09:28 AM
i got married on the 25th of march this year. i am 22 and i got with gary when i was 15. we have 2 boys. it was the best day of my life and i and very happy to be his wife. i am sure you will love your day as much as i loved mine. congratulations. i hope you grow old together and have meny happy times.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Congratulations, Hope you have a wonderful wedding day and Wish you a very best for you future.

Min xxxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >