View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Solitaire
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2006, 09:00 AM

Why is he being so randy (entire dog attracted to spayed bitches)

Hope this is in the right place.

All my girls are spayed but Oliver is still entire and a few weeks ago started to fancy old Sasha, this went on for about 4 weeks, sniffing her all the time and following her about.

He has now changed his affections to his sister Petal, he even tries to mount her, which she won't put up with. He is not off his food or showing the usual signs when a bitch is in season. He gets especially excited when Petal and the puppy play, poor girl has Oliver being a randy old goat and the puppy biting her legs.

Any ideas ???? I did cover her ears and neck with washing up liquid but he still licked them.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Could you not have Oliver castrated or are you going to breed from him? It might solve your problem. I don't think the washing up liquid on the dog is a very good idea to be honest. Sure someone will be along to advise you soon
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Could there be any in-season bitches anywhere in the neighbourhood that he could be catching the scent of?

Are your bitches physically ok - no possible UTIs etc.?

And I must ask - what is the washing-up liquid on the ears & neck supposed to do???
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 10:04 AM
i have a friend with an entire male and 3 spayed girls......she tried all sort to stop the male from swooning the girls in the end she used the anti mating spray that puts the males off.....worth a try
Solitaire
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Shadow the washing up liquid was meant to stop him sucking and chewing Petals ears and neck.

I don't actually have any neighbours, although the house down the valley has three dogs and did think of other bitches in season but it has been going on for about seven weeks now.

I don't want to have Oliver castrated as Dexter is entire as well and have noticed that often problems occur when you have two dogs and one is not entire. I have kept entire dogs togther before and as long as they don't live with entire bitches there generally is no problem.

I will have to look around for the anit mate spray, but French shops are not like the UK ones, you can't by aspirins in a supermarket but you can buy bullets for you gun so where I would find the spray is any ones guess