View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 10:46 AM

Rhianna has been bitten - whats the best treatment?

Last night after her bath we noticed Rhianna had a little itchy spot that looked like a bite. Well this morning she has got about 7 of them on her back We went to my sisters yesterday and she was playing about with Toby, her Bichon so I am wondering if he has got a flea and it has bitten her. How long after the bite do the spots come out does anybody know?

I don't think it is off Benji because he had Stronghold nearly two weeks ago and nobody else has got any bites or anything on them and as Benji sleeps in Lauras bedroom I would have thought she would have been the first to get bitten if it had been from him.

Whats the best way to treat them - I have just put some germolene on them this morning and I pointed them out to the teacher in case she wonders what they are
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Oh dear Are the bites itchy?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by minky
Oh dear Are the bites itchy?

Yes, she was scratching like mad this morning I will have to keep her away from the dog - don't want him catching anything
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-03-2006, 11:39 AM
sure thye are bites and not maybe an allergic reaction or the sart of like chicken poxs ?

its rare for fleas to bite people really, coz they cant live on us or our blood.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by ceiron
sure thye are bites and not maybe an allergic reaction or the sart of like chicken poxs ?

its rare for fleas to bite people really, coz they cant live on us or our blood.

No its definitely not Chicken pox Ceiron I think fleas can bite you but like you say they can't live on us and I think that some people are more susceptible to being bit than others. Rhianna must taste nice.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 12:20 PM
I would keep using savlon/ germolene etc on them and they will go down - if they are really really itchy then use calamine lotion. Fleas very very commonly biite humans - but tend to go away on their own fairly quickly as they can't live on people's blood. They tend to be species specific. I once caught a nasty little group of hay fleas when I was rolling around in the hay in our barn and i was itching for about a fortnight lol!

best wishes to her - it's very uncomfortable and almost always in the most unsightly places - like on your bum. I hate having to scratch my BEE-hind in public! lol

xx
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 12:23 PM
calamine lotion should help stop the itching , poor little love bless her she must taste yummy
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Sorry to hear that Rhianna ha sgot these bites from what ever caused them hope they are not causeing to much discomfort for her the poor little dear
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-03-2006, 02:00 PM
leo i think you need to chnage your hearing aid battery coz your shouting :P
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by ceiron
leo i think you need to chnage your hearing aid battery coz your shouting :P
What do you mean ceiron have not got caps on