View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 04:45 AM

Keena, Takoda (Northern Inuit Dogs)...and! Hungarian vizsla?!?

We went out for a walk tonight...Over the road from us is a totally enclosed common / heathland that we walk the dogs in...It was getting dark and standing at the gate, looking scared was a little dog...Someone I spoke to earlier said it was a spaniel but once I got closer I knew it wasn't...My two spooked it just a little and it must have had it's heckles up because when I first looked I thought it was a very young puppy ridgeback! (it was almost dark!)...We think the little guy may have been dumped because I find it hard to believe he was lost seeing that it was an enclosed area, if he had of wandered off it wouldn't of took his owner long to find him...If I was the owner I would not have left without my pup!!...There was a piece of very thin stringy rope knotted on to part of the gate that looked like he may have been tied too and looked chewed through...He has no name tag just a collar.

We decided to hang around and see if anyone was looking for him and we walked the field top to bottom, he followed the whole time, running and playing with my dogs that he soon got used to.

After that we used the piece of stringy rope from the gate as a lead and walked him home with us...He was very happy and lively outside...Inside I noticed he is quite skittish and nervy...

As soon as we were in the light of the house I could see he wasn't a puppy ridgeback at all but a Hungarian vizsla, I think he is about 7 / 8 months old perhaps...He has his adult teeth in but they are very white and new looking and not long through I don't think...He has really long claws, I don't think they have ever been cut. He looks in real good condition, no skin conditions no fleas and good physical shape.

He is a very hyper little thing but I know that his breed requires alot of exercise and does much better as a working dog, that could explain the hyperness. The main thing about him he is a total and utter horn ball!!...He hasn't removed his nose from my dogs nether regions since we got home!...Though after Takoda got quite aggressive at him he hasn't gone near his backside since but he has remained glued to Keena! Keeps trying to hump her, the air anything...lol...Takoda thought he would join in and humped the little Vizsla...It's the first time Takoda has humped anything...LOL...He has tried a few times on Keena but he is to uncoordinated and she moves about to much for him to balance...lol...But cuz this little guy is alot smaller than Kody and he actually managed it...lol

Anyway Keena is lovin havin the little guy for company and is already showing him the way Northern Inuit Dogs like to play but Takoda is walking around quite stroppy with another male in the house...He has growled and roared at him quite a few times and puts him in his place alot...I don't think he knows what to make of him really because he is so much smaller than he is and so fidgety!

Well we will be calling around all the vets tomorrow to leave them our number if anyone calls looking for their dog and we are going to put up signs...(we're not going to state what breed he is or anything, just 'dog found'...If someone has lost a dog then they are going to have to describe it to us because I don't want people just saying oh yeah that's ours when it isn't) Also we will take him to the vets to see if he is chipped...He has a tattoo in his ear...Is there some kind of database that would enable us to trace his owners, does anyone know??...I'll also put his pic up elsewhere here in the relevant section, it's a long shot but worth a try...

Anyway pictures!...Say hi to our little 'visitor'!

Awww poor little lost boy...

He is such a messy drinker! I'm not used to slobbery doggies!...Takoda is the most delicate drinker for his size...Keena is messy with drinking and I though she was bad but this fella get it everywhere, up the walls and on all the cupboards...lol

We got Keena and Takoda's crate out for him if he needed his own space in strange surroundings, but quite honestly he is so attached to my dogs that he just wanted to be with them!

Takoda looking in on him

We gave him some food...and toys

takoda keeping an eye on him again...

Looking a bit smug cuz he isn't in the cage...

So then I let the little guy out and Takoda got it but decided he didn't like being the one in the cage after all

But realised there was no need for all that and settled down a bit...

Did the cage get smaller since I was a puppy or did I get bigger hmm!

Ready to come back out...

They all had a bit of a game...Humped each other within inches of their lives, Takoda had a bit of a strop...and so on...

Mind the teeth!

Good as gold when he isn't sir hump a lot!!

This is my couch!...

Just because I'm down here on the floor doesn't mean you can get on my couch!

Everybody is getting sleepy but refusing to be the first to fall asleep!

...and were up again.... ...lol

Takoda thinks about dinner...!

...and were sleepy once again...

Keena takes her rightful place on the couch, Takoda inspects the vagabond

Then we settle down...Going, going, gone!...Peace at last...

It's very very late, we had a couple little accidents to clean up, one of them being Keena's because I set the crate up for him and she went in and peed for the new company so I had to wash all the clean bedding I only just put in It's been a long night with this little stranger and with the dogs being so hyper with the strange situation and with having to watch our visitor like a hawk incase he needs to pee...The little fella is doing really well though, he is tucked up in the crate, I put a blanket over him cuz he feels the cold; that I am not used to!! They are all now quiet and I will go to bed now...lol

I hope he has a loving owner out there and that we will find them.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 07:12 AM
Mys, he's adorable isn't he? I hope you manage to get some response from his owners. I'm sure if he's tattoo'd he must be well loved and sorely missed. He's in great condition too. My heartfelt thanks to you for taking care of him. and welcoming him into your home. albeit temporarily. Bless you, and sleep well zzzzz
mackleback
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Aawwwww....he is lovely. I do hope that he has owners out there looking for him. Good on you for taking the little mite in and making him feel at home. My fingers are crossed for him. Keep us posted.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 09:57 AM
awww he really is lovely
hope his owners can be traced
and how nice of you to take him in and care for him
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Hi what a lovely boy, I have a couple of friends who breed HZ `s and they are lovely dogs, they do need lots of exersice, but no more than any other dog, if you dont find his owners , will you keep him, he seems to have fit in very well with your 2
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Well done you Mys, I dare bet there is a family going frantic somewhere, they will be relieved to know that he has been well looked after by such a loving lady

Once again, great photos and captions (you should do comic strips for doggy magazines! )

Hope your not wearing too much lippy today mate :smt044
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 10:53 AM
ahhhhh what a gorgeous boy,i cant beleive somebody would dump him, unless he's been stolen, bless. good on ya for taking him home andi really hope someone comes for him.
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 11:18 AM
lol he looks right at home
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Blimey Mys, that was like reading a book! Sir Humpalot indeed! Cracked me up! He's rather nice isn't he though with an adorable face too! I think if he is chipped the vet's will know where to go for his contact details, but sounds to me like you are thinking, that he's been dumped! How can somebdy do that with a baby like him! Do you think you'll keep him if nobody claims him then? Don't know whether Takoda will go for that though will he?!!! Gorgeous pics of your two as usual, especially the one of Takoda guarding the cage, or even in it come to that! Lol! That did make me laugh, thanks for posting all of that, it was a lovely little illustrated story - enjoyed it heaps!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Definately a Vizsla. Please check out the Hungarian Vizsla society, they have a posting on there of someone who has lost a vizsla male fairly recently. You could also try the National Dog Tattoo Register to try and trace his tattoo number, although if he is an imported dog it may not be registered. Good luck.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >