Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 08:52 PM

I am soooooooo ANGRY!

I joined a Weimaraner forum not long ago and today I had a post on a thread I had left, where everyone had been really nice and friendly previous...

...saying basically, I was very young to have such a demanding dog as a Weimar and they hoped I wasn't brining it up on benefits!!!

Just for the record, i'm not on benefits, but i'm sure there are many many dog owners who are, and are still able to give their dog all he needs to be healthy and happy!

I did a lot of research before I got any of my dogs to make sure in advance I would be able to handle the breed, there are reasons I made my choices other than "oh she looks cute".

Sorry just needed to have a shout
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Omg Random Thats Terrible
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 09:37 PM
What a mean minded lot!
Age has nothing to do with it. It's experience, ability, common sense and how much and what sort of back up you have if you need it.
As far as your income or other financial circumstances go, it's simply no-one else's business. When they said they hoped you weren't "bringing it up on benefits" you should have replied yes you are - the benefits of a good loving home!!!!!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Thanx guys, didn't know if it was just me over reacting, but I thought it was an awful thing to say

I used to be on benefits when I had Charlie, and he got everything he needed and more
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-12-2005, 09:50 PM
That will teach you to wander off onto other forums better to stay where you are safe
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 09:58 PM
ooh what rotten stinkers to say such a thing how dare they like everyone else has said its got nothing to do with benefits or age take no notice there only jealous cos they havent got a gorgeous dog like yours
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Hey Random -

I was on another forum before I got Archie, and I was still at the stage where I was worrying whether or not the breeder would let me have a pup. I put a post up on this other forum asking for reassurance and advice, and what I got was "I'm a breeder and I would not let someone like you have a puppy because you are a student and I would feel safer selling the pup to someone more settled and stable"

I don't care... I got my pup in the end (the other prospective owners were a couple who had married recently LOL and they didn't get the pup!)

Some people are just rude. You know that your dogs are happy so who cares what anyone else thinks...
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Thank you blue, my dogs are pretty gorgeous lol!

Thank you tuti, what lovely comments

I just felt so awful that someone was questioning how able I was to look after my babies!
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy
What a mean minded lot!
Age has nothing to do with it. It's experience, ability, common sense and how much and what sort of back up you have if you need it.
As far as your income or other financial circumstances go, it's simply no-one else's business. When they said they hoped you weren't "bringing it up on benefits" you should have replied yes you are - the benefits of a good loving home!!!!!!
i totally agree with deccy,, how dare they even comment on your income, what in gods name has it got to do with them, interfering twits!! no wonder you are angry hun,, tell them all to sod off!

(((((((((((((((((((((*big hugs*)))))))))))))))))))) x x x x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
That will teach you to wander off onto other forums better to stay where you are safe
heheheheeeeeee I know i've learnt my lesson now, will definately not be frequenting there very often if that's how they treat the newbies!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >