Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mickymouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2005, 10:10 PM

guineapig

hiya
i am looking for someone to care for my male guinea pig for 2 months while i have had to seperated my rabbits one is pregnant and my buck that was with my guineapig is picking on him.
i need someone to care for him for just 2 months that lives near coventry until my buck is neutured and my baby bunnies have been homed and he will join my doe.
can you help?
MBll
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Rabbits & guinea pigs should not be housed together? Guinea pigs have different diet requirements then rabbits & i believe there is a disease (cant remember the name of it) passed from the rabbit to the gp. Also a rabbit can cause harmor even kill a gp.

I hope you have homes lined up for the baby rabbits as these are themost common long stay pet in rescues ?
mickymouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-12-2005, 12:14 PM
yes I have homes lined up already.
My rabbit will be neutured as soon as the bunnies go to their new homes as she was already pregnant when she came to me.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 12:32 PM
but earlier you said this:

I looked in when he was making the nosies and found that since I maked my buck with my doe he has been attempting to mate with our male guineapig!
Please don't lie - a lot of people do this at first - even I am guilty of it with mice. I'm not going to yell at you for doing it - and if anyone else does, ignore them - but please, now take the advice given and learn from mistakes - it is definately NOT good to breed from any animal with unknown background - and that goes for everyone here who just breeds rabbits etc from petshop stock.

xx
mickymouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-12-2005, 05:32 PM
yes i know
mickymouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-12-2005, 05:37 PM
sorry i am gtting confused.
I have 3 does and 1 buck one was pregant from a rescue and the other pregant one was acidentally when i put them in the run together not thinking when i cleaned them all out and they mated.
i hve never before bred an animal and this will be the only time.