View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2005, 10:51 PM

Arden Grange (could food be causing strange smell where dog has been lying?)

I switched Vegas over to this about 4 weeks ago and this is gonna sound bizzare,but my carpet now stinks where he often lays.Infact,its so bad that when the doors have been shut-it kinda almost knocks you off your feet!

When im not here,i have to confine him to kitchen/diner where there is a proper (and expensive) carpet designed for kitchens (not Flotex though) and Vegas loves rolling about on it cause its so soft.

I cannot detect the same smell on Vegas himself and just this minute nipped upstairs to sniff the special shampoo the vet gave me to bath him for his spotty problem and this isnt the same.I was wondering if something was seeping from his pores and then onto carpet???

Has anyone else's dogs experienced the same or are my carpets just minging (they look nice and clean though!).
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-11-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
I switched Vegas over to this about 4 weeks ago and this is gonna sound bizzare,but my carpet now stinks where he often lays.Infact,its so bad that when the doors have been shut-it kinda almost knocks you off your feet!

When im not here,i have to confine him to kitchen/diner where there is a proper (and expensive) carpet designed for kitchens (not Flotex though) and Vegas loves rolling about on it cause its so soft.

I cannot detect the same smell on Vegas himself and just this minute nipped upstairs to sniff the special shampoo the vet gave me to bath him for his spotty problem and this isnt the same.I was wondering if something was seeping from his pores and then onto carpet???

Has anyone else's dogs experienced the same or are my carpets just minging (they look nice and clean though!).
Steve are you sure his anal glands are not leaking?
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2005, 11:44 PM
I've used Arden Grange, never noticed any strange odours
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2005, 01:15 AM
We feed AG biscuits and no problems here....
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2005, 07:49 AM
Poor you Steve - must admit I don't feed AG, but have never heard of this problem before. Good luck sorting it out
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2005, 07:51 AM
We use AG too and have no smell problem, it would be well to look elsewhere for the origin of the smell, start at the back end and work forward as it is likely to be anal but could be a yeast infection or something else we have not thought of. Or it could be that AG does not suit him but I would doubt it is the food.
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2005, 09:20 AM
We use it too, no problems here.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Steve are you sure his anal glands are not leaking?
No-definetly not Mini.I know that smell from a friends dog and it is nothing like that and his bum dont appear to be causing any problems (he isnt licking it or anything).

His food will run out in a week so perhaps the best thing is to switch him back to Burns and see how we get on.

Gas masks at the ready though... :smt103
cycas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-11-2005, 12:34 PM
I feed Arden Grange large breed to my dog, and she has almost no odour at all (well, apart from the odd case of the farts, but we sort that out with bio yoghurt, and after all she is a greyhound - famously farty breed!)

Are you sure he's not had a crafty roll in something horrible when you weren't looking?