Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hiya boi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2005, 06:23 PM

Another puppy dilema

Not having much luck with new owners on this litter.....no I shouldn't say that most of them have been wonderful caring people.
Dilemma number 2.
Bitch pup was to go to new home on Fri.....Waited in all day,new owners didn't turn up,no answer to emails and phone turned off.Waited all day Sat as this was to have been original day of pick up so gave them the benefit of doubt....No sign of them.
Late Sat night got an e-mail to say the husband had an accident in work on Fri and broke his leg so now can't drive.....cant have the pup.
Don't belive a word of it I think they changed their mind.

Never mind
Re advertised due to timewasters.
Got e-mail from someone saying they definately wanted her and could I ring them.....which I did.
Said I would keep until I got the deposit.
They have now rung and said could I wait until next payday on Dec 1st.
Duh it's only the 14th today.....if they get paid monthly then last pay would have been about 10 days ago.
If they don't have the money to pay me until Dec 2nd when they pick her up then how are they going to pay for food,vet bills,beds,bowls ,collar,lead,insurance etc etc
This has all happened in the last couple of hours.
Oh and they want to pick her up and take her home on the train.

right prob is 20 mins ago someone living in the next town also want her and can pick her up this evening.
My instinct is telling me to go with the local people but I hate telling people I've changed my mind.
What would you do?
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2005, 06:31 PM
That is a difficult one, I have actually turned people down (wish I had done it more often too) you could just try telling them that you don't feel they are the right family for your pup and wish them luck for the future? Like you say if they haven't got any money now and only got paid 10 days ago, then how will they cope if vet's bills etc crop up.

You could even say that you were waiting for this other family to get back to you, so sadly (for them) the pup has now found it's new home.

Don't you just hate this part!
Hiya boi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2005, 08:20 AM
I've also done it in the past and with good reason too.
I have now resolved the issue.
Rang the gentleman back last night and blamed it all on my OH.Smart or what.
Seriously I told him that we had been talking and decided it was not in the pups best interest to have her left all alone whilst awaiting her new owners.I said we thought it was too stress full for her and I did have another interested party who could take her straight away into a family environment with kids and dogs and several acres to play in
Which is actually true.
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2005, 02:33 AM
dont drop ppl just cos they get paid monthly remember xmas is coming and they might of just done 2 much xmas shopping (been there myself), that does not mean they wouldnt get the pup insurared does it? or feed it well?
my ex used to get paid monthly and i can tell u know that 90% of his pay was gone in less than 10 days (he paid the big bills) then we would live on my money the rest of the month my dog(s) where/are very happy and healthy on good food that is not cheep

and i have also sold a pup 2 some1 that came down on a train to get there pup, the pup slept all the way home (liverpool) and lives in a great home and is much loved
Hiya boi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Problem was though ,he couldn't even come up with the deposit so I wasn't prepared to keep her for 3 weeks on just a promise.It wasn't fair to her.She has now gone to live with the second person on a small holding with 3 labradors and 6 foster children ranging from 4 to 22.......yes 22 she came as a foster child when she as 7 and never left.
The lady has e-mailed me every day since she collected her giving me updates and pictures.She looked extremely content and is spoiled rotten.
Fallen on her feet there.
Pretty Kitty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Glad it all worked out!! she certainly sounds like she has fallen on her feet there