Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2005, 12:56 PM

Smoking update

In 5 days it will have been 1 month.... with only one slip up. I've been good the rest of the time and actually I barely ever thing about smoking these days!

But I've started having dreams that I'm smoking, and I wake up feeling awful cos I've messed it all up - until I remember it was just a dream!
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2005, 01:07 PM
well done
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Well Done!!!! Did you do it cold turkey?
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Well done tuti. Its now 8 days since my last ciggie. I'm on the patches but keep forgetting to wear them. I really could light up now but I know how gutted I'd feel afterwards. Keep it going! Katrina (former L&B Menthol 15 a day)...
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Thanks guys

Yes mp I did it cold turkey

Katrina well done for quitting

Thanks everyone for all your support when I fell down, if it wasn't for you I'd probably be on 20 a day again right now!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

15-10-2005, 06:31 PM
well done Tuti - I used to get those dreams all the time and I still get them occasionally now - I used to feel the same on no I've failed - then I realised it was just a dream
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 08:45 AM
Well done Tuti - I'm so proud of you for not going back to smoking full time when you had your little slip up. I think to continue giving up afte a slip is even harder than the actual giving up in the first place, so well done you.
As for the dreams, these are normal - I had them for the first few weeks and I used to wake up feeling awful but then realised it was just a dream (more like a nightmare) LOL. Keep going girl - don't worry if you slip - all smokers have been there and you are most definitely not alone.
Tirnanog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Hi all - I gave up last May - used the patches - slipped up a couple of times but I am over the worse now - thing about you - PM me if you need support!!! as they say been there done that worn that tee shirt
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-10-2005, 09:11 AM
well done Tuti
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 11:01 AM
Thank you guys!

it's hardest if I'm with friends and I've had a few drinks, so i'm afraid for now I've become a bit antisocial

It's easiest when I'm walking Archie (I take sweets or chewing gum with me) and when I'm studying so I'm doing a lot of that these days...

Also I haven't gained weight.... I've been eating like a PIG esp. the first couple of weeks but I've been doing a lot of walking

The dreams are horrible though aren't they I wake up feeling like such a failure
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >