Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2005, 04:50 PM

Off to the Vets again!!

Going to the vets again soon - got an appointment for 6.20 tonight for the guinea pigs who have hay mite Never mind at least our vet can have a lovely holiday next year
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-10-2005, 05:43 PM
I think you're like the rest of us Foxy-on first name basis with our vets!

Hope everything goes alright for your pigs.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2005, 07:29 PM
hehe maybe you should get the vet to come out to you instead and do all your pets in one go
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2005, 07:47 PM
Hmmm is he a cute vet foxy?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
I think you're like the rest of us Foxy-on first name basis with our vets!

Hope everything goes alright for your pigs.

Thanks Steve - I always said I should have married a vet Only problem is I can hardly tell what he says, he is spanish I think and he is a bit hard to understand at times.

They have all had their injections and we are now £25 lighter in the purse
They have to go back every week for the next 3 weeks as well The thing is that only one of them has actually got the hay mite and he insists on treating all three, don't know why because hay mite is within the guinea pig our other vet told us and is not contagious - he must be saving up for his holiday back to Spain again
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Staffy
hehe maybe you should get the vet to come out to you instead and do all your pets in one go

Yes I could definitely do with an on-site vet or a neighbour who is one or something
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Hmmm is he a cute vet foxy?

Not really Maplecottage - he's not that old and Spanish I think but I don't really fancy him, don't think the piggys did neither when he stuck that needle in their backs - one of them started squeaking and didn't stop for about 5 minutes
Ambo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-10-2005, 06:11 AM
I am going to buy shares in my Vets

Will all the rats it costs me a small fortune. Took one up on Friday for a abcess on her face. Cost me £20 for a consultation and small bottle of Baytril and then on Saturday the thing burst itself

I could have saved myself the money and as my vet knows me and the fact that I have 9 rats, if I ring up he will put up a bottle. It only costs about £2. The rest is the cost of the consultation and the VAT.

Don't you just love the Inland Revenue

Oh well, don't mind paying if it keeps them healthy.

Beans on toast for me and my son for a couple of weeks though
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Ambo
I am going to buy shares in my Vets

Will all the rats it costs me a small fortune. Took one up on Friday for a abcess on her face. Cost me £20 for a consultation and small bottle of Baytril and then on Saturday the thing burst itself

I could have saved myself the money and as my vet knows me and the fact that I have 9 rats, if I ring up he will put up a bottle. It only costs about £2. The rest is the cost of the consultation and the VAT.

Don't you just love the Inland Revenue

Oh well, don't mind paying if it keeps them healthy.

Beans on toast for me and my son for a couple of weeks though

Yes I know what you mean £20 consultation charge for 3 guinea pigs which I didn't really need to consult the vet because I knew what was wrong, all they needed was a panomec injection each. It came to nearly £26 for consultation and treatment and we have to go back another three times. Its getting too expensive to have small animals these days so when these die we certainly won't be having any more. It cost us £27 the week before for the dog too

I have also heard that when vets stop charging for prescriptions at the end of October they will be putting up their consultation charges to compensate for it - no wonder there are so many homeless animals, you need to be a millionaire to keep them these days
Fluffybunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I have also heard that when vets stop charging for prescriptions at the end of October they will be putting up their consultation charges to compensate for it
What's that I've not heard that! What's happening? Why? etc...

Fluffy x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >