Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2023, 04:46 AM

So its Saturday 18th November 2023

I am back. Internet issues. From Wednesday 15th till early hours of this morning. Too complicated to explain. Apparently there was an outage in this area where I live and suddenly I am back online. But I can't do emails on tablet so Kelly I will be in touch when I get on pc later. Thank you.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2023, 06:10 AM
Morning Brenda
Phew!! had me worried there!!
As long as you are o.k
Lynn, hope you have had a peaceful night
Sue and Barry, must be lovely yet hectic having all the family... especially at Christmas. Some of my favourite memories are at my nans house at Christmas being sat on steps eating my dinner because there was no room at the table lol.
Kazz, yes, things will work out here but things have taken a twist...he has been going back to the pub where the woman works who he had an affair with......I got the tf card out of his dash cam last night and checked it, when confronted by my mum, he lied.... again! Well, I have told him he is nothing to me, the gloves are off and welcome to hell! I will never have anything to do with that man ever again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Morning brenda, griff and all to follow.
Wet here today and manic the valerian is not working this morning and we have an off the wall frustrated puppy on our hands.
I ended up eating my bacon sarnie in the bedroom in the end.
Two more Saturdays. We might take him for a short walk later. He is playing with his toys in between being a total nightmare with us.

brenda what a nightmare not having the internet so frustrating.
griff sorry things have taken a turn for the worse.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2023, 09:14 AM
Find lots of toys and hide them around the rooms and let him seek them out.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-11-2023, 11:04 AM
brenda we do the treats around the place, he has been playing with his toys not madly but a few nice gentle games interacting with us sometimes, sometimes not.
It does not distract him when he stops playing from his destructive behaviour around the patio door, he is off his head with confinement.
We are so tempted to let him wander the garden but neither of us can stand the thought of him jumping doing zoomies and having to go through this all again, honestly our mental health could not stand it.

We are going to take him for the same short stroll that takes 8 minutes there and back in a short while to hope it helps him to shut down from his issues at the moment.

All suggestions are received and appreciated, and if anyone remembers I had over excitement issues with Dillon but the difference was I could take him in the garden to train, I could take him on walks, I cannot with Brewster except for very short walks and not every day incase we do damage to the healing of the soft tissue.
We literally are between a rock and a hard place and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy that's how at the end of my tether I am.

It hasn't been just 4 weeks of confinement for the shoulder healing issue, it was the pastern issue garden only roaming free , then the possible short ulna syndrome again at least he was allowed the garden to roam, he hasn't been able to exercise carefully even as we have to be careful with his breed. Since the 5th of September, we totally get why he is like he is but it makes your nerves jangle in the end and we are so restricted for another 11 days before we can start getting him out and about daily (hopefully) restrictive exercise he has to slowly build his muscles up, and his stamina.
Snuffle mats, kong wobbler toy treat dispensers, brain games which he destroys and hiding treats etc., around the house do not cut it with him at the moment.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2023, 11:11 AM
Good morning

Hugs Lynn you are really being put through it with Brewster and I am sorry for him and you but you can only do your best by him and 11 days is better than 30 just think of that. Hopefully a short walk will take the edge off for him

Kelly hugs o your and. your mum you could both do with a break from al this stress.

Pleased the internet is back on for you Brenda. How did we all manage without it

Wet and windy here. Quick walk with Teazle when it stopped but of course it rained again whilst out. Taken my car over to Ben's as he has a problem with his. Engine and stop/start warning lights have come on so he can't really keep driving it until it is sorted as it will only make it worse. Hopefully nothing major to repair.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-11-2023, 11:49 AM
Morning Sue hopefully nothing is majorly wrong with Ben's car.
Miserable and damp here but thankfully no rain.

Yes I keep reminding myself it's better than when we started this journey.

Just back from a 10 minute walk (drag). We will see now if he settles better and how the fly snapping is.
He is puffing like a steam train but that's most likely due to him being so out of condition.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2023, 12:19 PM
Good morning all

Brenda How frustrating for you but glad you are back albeit very early from your timeline post

Sue I did not know thew girls Gran was still here, well at least that means someone at home for them after school. What a nighmare on your lads car my sisters has just come back from the a garage and 3 days later the handbreak refuses to work so back it went. Hope your lads goes better.

Chris Could your sister come to you for Christmas
at all or is that a no go? thought it may be nice for you all. Your lad can then complain to her directly LOL

Griff Sounds like tough times ahead for all of you. I hope the waters will smooth slightly and a resolution is found that enables all of you to move on.

Lynn My heart goes out to you in emathy not sympathy it sounds manic just reading it. There is nt much you can do really bar ride out the storm. I love the idea of eating in the bedroom, a Lynn hideout. Cannot think of any way to help seems you have all bases covered all I would offer is my services of Brewster watching if I were nearer.
Yes kepe us updated have you got a diary/notes of the flyasnapping and have you managed to video him for the vet just as a precaution if needed. But it sounds more and more like boredom my Uncle had a Poodle who was just so energetic and clever he went to work with him every single day of his life.

When my uncle was unable to go to work due to a operation for 6 weeks the dog "Spud" started fly snapping due to boredom I was told he went back to work and "activity" and it all stopped. The problem was no matter what they tried Spud would not go anywhere with anyone but my Uncle Arnie he point blank refused to leave the house or his side and trying to move a Standard Poodle appears to of been a battle they lost. This would of been over 50 years ago as I was at school.

To you all have a good day its wet and windy here and just watched Fisherman's friends the film and enjoyed it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-11-2023, 12:46 PM
That is very interesting Kazz about Spud, it confirms our suspicions even more that this is why we are having these issues with Brewster.
He is now settled by the patio door I recorded 3 fly snaps while he was trying to settle.

Oh yes the vets all laugh and then say they wish they were as good as me or other clients were too about record keeping.
It all started when Ollie was so ill and his neurologist asked me to write a diary of the journey and send one to her for reference for others if needed.
I did one for her and kept one for myself.
When Dillon started having mobility issues and needed the Previcox I made a diary and still can refer to that of needed in the future for Brewster, it also helped when I doubted about was it the right time to have him put to sleep. I could look back and note and remind myself how bad things had become for him and ease my conscience over the decision we had to make.

I have diaries on weights of them as puppies, what they were fed, amounts according to weight and percentages and a lot of info on raw meats and their benefits and what they contain.
They are all useful at some point.

Gorden did video him a few days when they were at their worst in case needed for future reference.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2023, 01:15 PM
I have never really witnessed it as an adult but my much older cousin (Dad's side) had a Patterdale called Blu who did it occasionaly and my Dad used to say he is letting off energy he is bored that dog he wants to be working (he was a working bred dog) Blu was run over and killed, but it kind of put the idea in my head that some working dogs are not meant to be household pets, and alos that even though we as a family had no traing as animal people my Dad recognised that dogs get bored it stuck with me.

Although I suppose like biting your nails it could become a habit?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >