View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

27-09-2005, 09:54 AM

Saturdays walk in the Park

On Saturday we decided to take Jack and Barney to the park that is close to our house. I would normally never go to this park at the weekend because of the wekend dogwalkers and all the kids - but I decided to see how the training was going.

I had Barney off lead and he was brilliant Jack was on lead because he still has a LOT of work to go.

But the people there made it a nightmare there were dogs running around causing chaos and kids screaming at dogs and parents ignoring the kids and dogs!!

There was one puppy that came bounding up to Barney followed by a kid of about 5 years old and Barney was getting really nervous and so was I because of this kid shouting and waving his hands in Barneys face - luckily Barney did great and we left early.

Never again - the weekend walkers can have the park - I have never seen so many out of control dogs and kids before - its just an accident waiting to happen

I don't understand it when I was a kid my mum and dad brought me up to respect animals and how to behave around them - its really sad - poor dogs.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Oh dear Emm I never go on the Mavern hills at weekends I avoid populated places whenever I can prefering to walk in peace
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

27-09-2005, 10:06 AM
I think I'm going to be the same from now on
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 10:09 AM
I also avoid places like that - absolutly hate out of control dogs and kids
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

27-09-2005, 10:11 AM
the out of control dogs I can handle ...the out of control kids - AAARRGGHH
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 10:26 AM
Makes you wanna pull out the lead doesnt it
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Im the same, TJ is still very young and gets too excited with lots of people around, so its useless trying to walk through very busy parks, we prefer quiet walks!

I went to the park at the weekend with some friends without the dogs, there were a group of 5 girls aged no more than 10 with 2 goldies off lead, which proceeded to bomb around and cause chaos! madness!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Agree with you, OH only goes to the park early am and during the week, nightmare on a weekend. Out of control kids are a nightmare and we seem to have an abundance around us!