Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 12:49 PM

Why do dogs do that?

Sitting here at the comp and Bandit is in his bed in front of the patio door with one door open. Anyway, he starts jerking and his eyes are rolling and I thought OMG he's having a fit So I jumped up and ran over to him only to find him dreaming. He looked at me as if say "WHATTT??" Thank god he is only dreaming, but jesus Bandit what a fright you gave me.
Tracie
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Ha funny Cassy is awful for this, Kip is not so bad but Cassy my god she actually barks on occasion eyes rolling body shaking. I wonder what they dream about lol
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Saffy does that... Very freaky, esp. when her eyes open and all you see are the whites

Graeme
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Pickles doesn't dream in his sleep..............he screams! The first night he did this I was fast asleep and I nearly hit the roof, convinced we had ghosts!
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Yup kai is the same, he was barking in his sleep this morning, I want to wake him up but ya never know he may be chasing the woman of his dreams through a field aahhhhhhhh
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 01:39 PM
My lot do it to, more so Shaan, only he waits until we've just dozed of to sleep and then starts barking and woofing in his sleep. Sometimes it sounds as if he's laughing
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Yep, same here. Scares you half to death though doesn't it? All four paws go as well and she's actually barked herself awake before now LOL. It's when you see the whites of the eyes rolling around though...freaky
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Its REM Rapid Eye Movement sleep its the time when there body rests but mind is awake sorting the days events (anyone correct me if im wrong, wouldnt be the first time! ) I think they done know for definate if they dream like us but certainly seems like they must be sometimes!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Jas was terrible for barking and growling in his sleep, the eyes would roll back, his legs would go. Jas to has woken himself up by either his snoring or his barking
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Finn does it too He growls and rolls his eyes in his sleep also. Strange thing is his growl is really mean sounding and yet he does not growl like it when he is awake
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >