Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jeltz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-04-2015, 12:22 AM

A month without my girl

Sorry I'm a little drunk and emotional (the perils of brewing your own beer)

I wondered why I was particularly missing my girl Rosie tonight then it dawned that its one calender month to the day since I woke up at 3am on the sofa, went to bed, and Rosie took my place only to find that she had died in her sleep when I got up at 9am.

She was a Chocolate Lab and would have been 4 in July, no signs of ill health, happy and playful the day before, the vet reckons it will have been heart related but I didn't want a post mortem as it wouldn't change anything.

I still have my Misty and she is being spoiled rotten, but I miss my 1st dog and Misty misses her big pal.

Run free my beautiful girl
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-04-2015, 07:29 AM
Nic I think it gets you like that sometimes I have lost so many dogs over the years and there are a couple I won't allow myself to dwell on even after 50 years, the wounds they left are still raw.
Dorrit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2015, 08:11 AM
There will always be 'moments'..

I too have lost dogs and every now and then something happens to bring back the utter grief I felt at loosing them.
If I can offer a little solace its that as time goes on those moments get less and the good memories outweigh them..
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-04-2015, 09:05 PM
I am really sorry to read of Rosie.

I can't really add much except I know how you feel as I lost my Harvey 2 weeks ago tomorrow.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-04-2015, 11:06 PM
What a beautiful girl, you can see the spirit in those eyes.
She might have only had a short time with you, but she was deeply loved and that's the most important thing.
Take care.
Jeltz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-04-2015, 11:44 PM
Yes her short life was a good one, and I gain some comfort from the fact that whatever health defect took her from us at least it was quick and without a prolonged period of suffering.

Thanks for the kind words.