Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2014, 11:09 PM

This is now normalcy...

Those are just cheap, plastic hubcaps on my mother's old BUSTED '99 Camry... but forbid that was our '87 Cadillac Eldorado with chrome rims, talk about corrosion and awfulness!

Most mornings now... Louis/Jay/RandomNames the Yorkshire Terrier is in my yard... peeing on something, asking me and Nigredo for food, or wandering about. New neighbors have recently gotten him, and for some stupid reason, they just let him wander around the neighborhood.

He annoys the daylights out of Jade, though she has gotten a bit better about him and he always seems hungry... but I know who he belongs to now so can't bear to call animal control. The kids love the dog, and in the evenings, he can often be seen with them, yapping and happy.

He does not come when called, he comes when he wants to. Then again they call him all kinds of different names, so the lack of any recall is unsurprising. He stays close to his house, only wandering into the yards of nearby houses.

I have spoken kindly to the man who lives at the house about him, and he more or less blew me off telling me that he'd "try" and keep him out of my yard.

I also told him the dog seemed thin and often hungry, and he says that his kids are supposed to feed "their" dog, and perhaps he gets no food "sometimes in the mornings when they are in a rush for school", which MUST be why he's hungry and that he'd "talk to them" about that. REALLY?

Not totally sure what to do, he is only a Yorkie, and he's a sweet and harmless soul but needless to say... his presence is a nuisance at the very least. The extra food I can easily spare, but Jade doesn't like him and frankly he doesn't live nor belong here.

Nigredo acts like he is not even here now... he's more or less treated like one of our cats who are often wandering the yard in the mornings, as well. The animal control would take him, but it's the man's kids I'm thinking of... they love him and they'd be so upset if the was taken away
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Can you talk to the kids MJ to see if they can learn from someone with your experience of caring for dogs?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2014, 07:33 AM
I am leery of talking to someone else's children about really anything. Also, he has at least 3 kids, but I have seen many other kids at his house so not even sure which kids to speak to, or which kids live there and whatnot. I have already approached their father and he has dismissed the entire thing.

People get defensive about their kids, this man just moved here and I don't know him, and judging by the way I've seen him speak to them (and more importantly, the way they respond), I highly doubt I'd get through to them anyway. I have seen a woman ONCE, and she did not stay long.

The kids are of different ages, but a few are old enough to back talk and ignore me, like they do him. Frankly, I don't have time for that... and it is well known that I am not fond of children or patient with them.

I REALLY wanted to stay out of this, but as the dog comes in my yard nearly each day, kind of hard to do.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-08-2014, 08:27 AM
Call animal control they obviously are not looking out for the dogs welfare....

Better that than see the dog squashed under someone's car..
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2014, 01:16 PM
Myra, I agree with Jackie call the animal welfare. Think of the dog first and foremost. If the kids cannot look after it they have to learn a lesson!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Totally agree with the others, i would be calling animal control, if they won't listen to you then maybe they will listen to them... if not maybe they will take the dog and find him a more suitable home... i wouldn't be able to live with myself if i left it and then the dog got run over, in a serious dog fight etc... you have given them the opportunity to correct their behaviour with the dog and they haven't addressed things at all, i don't understand how the father can leave the dog with no food in the mornings if he knows the kids don't remember to feed him, chucking some food in a bowl take 2 minutes for goodness sake