Male 

29-12-2013, 05:57 PM

What would you do?

Would you say something?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Regarding the first video: Personally I wouldn't say anything at all to the couple as it could just inflame the situation with the man who could take it out on his 'wife' later. However, I would step in if I had a chance to say something to her if she were alone at any time asking if she wanted help.

Regarding the second video: I would have said something like the man did to stick up for the family.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-12-2013, 07:33 PM
I only watched the first one and I wouldn't get involved, I know people who have intervened in such situations only to be turned on by both of the couple. I'd ring the police and let them deal with it.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Agree with second video too - the first would be more tricky, maybe start filiming them on my phone and say it's been streamed to my uncle who is a policeman (little white lie!)

Seriously tho, once when I was a lot younger, two women were drunk fighting and I was about to go and break things up but a bunch of other women held me back - saying that I should never get involved with two women fighting. Thankfully the women stopped fighting after that.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-12-2013, 08:31 PM
With the first video..
I would observe to see what happened being reluctant to intervene in case I made the situation worse . The moment the man left I would be over to that table to offer assistance to the woman in the form of helping her to contact a women's refuge.

In the second video I would certainly say something to the waitress including if she can't treat all members of the public with courtesy she shouldn't be in the job.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 08:40 PM
First one I would not intervene until the chap left then I would offer help or to phone someone (police etc) but to be honest have intervened before and it almost always turns bad and the two turn on you.

Second one would say something not sure what but something but it you look at the whole thing I was filmed I Texas a Redneck state where you would think she would have more support than one high five.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 09:31 PM
My husband interfered in a fight between a couple (male on female) and got 6 stitches in a cut in his head for his trouble. He thought the guy was getting ready to hit the girl and instead the guy rounded on him and belted him, Brian fell and cut his head. So no, you can only make the situation worse and put yourself in danger, call the police if you are at all concerned.

With the second one, yes, I would step in. It is nobody's business if the couple are gay or not. As long as the child is happy and healthy in all ways there should be no problem with the sexual relationship of the couple.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2013, 09:40 PM
I could only watch first video but I would phone police, and when the chap left would then offer assistance.
I know from personal experience that you should not intervene while man still there cos it could get worse for the poor woman but I would definitely phone police straight away.
Could watch second one cos it says it's blocked by ABC