Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2013, 04:06 PM

Just a test and your observations

I just wondered if I said blue was blue whether we could have an argument on here? I can't say black is black otherwise I'd accused of being a racist.

You see I think blue is blue and if you think it's anything else then I guess we can have a frank exchange of views about it on here.

It seems to me that the level of unpleasantness on here has increased 10-fold in the last couple of weeks and some threads have got completely out of hand.

Can we firstly all agree that we all love dogs?

Can we maybe agree that some of us have had problems with our dogs and used techniques that have "solved" the problem?

Can we also agree that just because it works with our dogs it might not work with others and someone else's technique might work better?

Maybe we could even agree that some people look after their dogs differently to us?

Or shall we all just have a good ol' barny?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2013, 04:36 PM
What shade of blue is it? don't generalise be specific What are we arguing about today then? cos I miss stuff.

I do love dogs.
I don't always manage to solve everything, sometimes I learn to live with them or only partially resolve them to a manageable level.
Blimey not all techniques work on my own dogs let alone every dog.
I'm sure people do treat and care for their dogs differently.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2013, 04:38 PM
I was thinking maybe aqua blue? Some call it turquoise but that's just plain wrong in my opinion.

I think we'll all agree that we love dogs - that's what makes this site so precious.

Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
What shade of blue is it? don't generalise be specific What are we arguing about today then? cos I miss stuff.

I do love dogs.
I don't always manage to solve everything, sometimes I learn to live with them or only partially resolve them to a manageable level.
Blimey not all techniques work on my own dogs let alone every dog.
I'm sure people do treat and care for their dogs differently.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Actually Sandy this is a far more complex issue than you might think.
There are blues with a green hue and some with a pink or purple hue.
In other words everybody sees the same things totally differently.
It's just a shame that the human race is so intolerant.

As I said on the original thread that I think you are referring to, we have to remember that people from other countries have different ideas and beliefs. This is not racist this is fact.
We have to tolerate others views, it's doubtful that you will change them on a forum.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Yes Nipply I agree we all do see things very differently. that's what make human opinions so interesting I think.

I think the best thing to remember is our love of dogs. One of the problems on here is the attitude "I love my dog and treat it "a" "b" and "c" .... " and therefore if you therefore treat your dog differently then you must be bad.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Actually Sandy this is a far more complex issue than you might think.
There are blues with a green hue and some with a pink or purple hue.
In other words everybody sees the same things totally differently.
It's just a shame that the human race is so intolerant.

As I said on the original thread that I think you are referring to, we have to remember that people from other countries have different ideas and beliefs. This is not racist this is fact.
We have to tolerate others views, it's doubtful that you will change them on a forum.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post
I just wondered if I said blue was blue whether we could have an argument on here? I can't say black is black otherwise I'd accused of being a racist.

You see I think blue is blue and if you think it's anything else then I guess we can have a frank exchange of views about it on here.

It seems to me that the level of unpleasantness on here has increased 10-fold in the last couple of weeks and some threads have got completely out of hand.

Can we firstly all agree that we all love dogs?

Can we maybe agree that some of us have had problems with our dogs and used techniques that have "solved" the problem?

Can we also agree that just because it works with our dogs it might not work with others and someone else's technique might work better?

Maybe we could even agree that some people look after their dogs differently to us?

Or shall we all just have a good ol' barny?
I agree that some threads on here, well, where the threads have ended up at times, have made me feel extraordinarily uncomfortable of late, so much so that for the first time ever in my life I raised a particular thread with the mods and it was removed.

Sometimes keyboard warriors just have to win the war. Sometimes, IMO, a deep breath and remembering that the person you're responding too is also a human being might be useful for some people.

I love this forum, I've learned so much from being on here and think that more than half the reason that I have a happy well adjusted dog is because of reading threads on here as well as having had invaluable advice from people way more experienced than me.

I have a massive amount of respect for the majority of people on here, some I think I'd even like to know in RL as opposed to this virtual one, but as in the case of real life, there are some people that you'd cross the road to avoid.....
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post
Yes Nipply I agree we all do see things very differently. that's what make human opinions so interesting I think.

I think the best thing to remember is our love of dogs. One of the problems on here is the attitude "I love my dog and treat it "a" "b" and "c" .... " and therefore if you therefore treat your dog differently then you must be bad.
Baxter8, my name is Nippy not Nipply hahaha but I will forgive you!
There are ways of dealing with threads that you dislike or disagree with.
By clicking the report button the mods are alerted and will deal with or remove any controversial posts.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Can we all just agree that if we all DID agree,Dogsey would be so boring
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2013, 05:02 PM
AMEN to that.

Otherwise there would be just one posting and one response! No fun in that at all.

I like to think it is probably passion rather than sheer
bl00dy mindedness that drives people.

Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Can we all just agree that if we all DID agree,Dogsey would be so boring
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Ha ha "Nipply" what was I thinking

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Baxter8, my name is Nippy not Nipply hahaha but I will forgive you!
There are ways of dealing with threads that you dislike or disagree with.
By clicking the report button the mods are alerted and will deal with or remove any controversial posts.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >