Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2013, 02:59 PM

Ordering raw - Halifax UK

My Vet thinks my dog (Cookie) might be allergic to chicken, with that being the main part of his diet I have given up and ordering from DAF. I have persuaded my mum to plug in the chest freezer in the garage but not sure how much will fit. It's a decent size but DAF sells everything in large sets.
My two questions, would anyone local(ish) like to share an order and get half of everything and anyone have any ideas about where to get cheap rabbit or duck? Or a different site to order same quality and price but smaller amounts?

Thanks

Edit to add: we prefer large bits to chew rather than mince, and I'd rather give bones separate than minced in but we will cope with it.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Hoping to place another order. Is anyone interested in splitting?
chrishind
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-10-2013, 08:40 PM
try jays animal foods in askern much better quality than daf
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Thank you for the recommendation but Cookie has recently had an allergy testing and cannot be fed beef or chicken (among other things) so these really are not suitable for us.
We are still looking for someone to split with though. We have just placed another order from DAF which will hopefully be here tomorrow.
Pep_Sounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-10-2013, 06:08 PM
The delivery costs might be prohibitive (£13 up to 20kg, then 35p each additional kg), but if not, I can vouch for my local West Fife Raw Feeds...unfortunately you can't order from their website - so it's by phone or email, but there is a link to their pricelist on their website landing page and you will see reviews of plenty of happy customers. The quality is fantastic - they do their butchery in-house and it all looks pretty much as good as you would buy for human consumption, and quite often better!

They do Pork and Lamb if your dog has Chicken and Beef allergies. My girls gets mostly Pork from them as she too has severe allergies (though not to proteins other than Soy). She loves the chunks, ribs and spine better than minces, as she's not keen on sloppy food. I'm fortunate that I pick up direct from them once a month, but when I am in I see their courier company pick up loads of orders. I don't think they have a minimum order either.