Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 12:57 PM

Autarky Salmon Dinner

Now to me the ingredients look great
Salmon (min 35%), rice (min33%), oats, chicken fat, yeast, full-fat linseed, alfalfa, prairie meal, peas, unmolassed beet pulp, dicalcium phosphate, mannanoligosaccharides, milkthistle,marigold,mnettle, seaweed, blackcurrantextract, carrot, yucca extract, thyme, beetroot, tomato, peppermint, fennel, paprika, turmeric, dandelion, ginger, fenugreek, roesmary extract, oregano and aloe vera(min 0.4% herbs, min 4% vegetables).

anyone a bit wiser able to pass judgement? before anyone says, raw is simply not going to be an option.

Thank youuu.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Before we went raw, my foxies had Autarky salmon as well as their Wainwrights trays... and they get a bit nowadays if I forget to defrost anything lol

They seem to really like it and I haven't noticed any issues or problems with them on it at all

Had a bit of the puppy version and the salmon one for training treats for Frodo (lurcher) but anything with rice just goes right through him so it didnt work for him
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 01:44 PM
I thought it was you posted recently to saw raw wasn't working out Blue Jay? Must have been someone else. Confused is my normal state.

*regarding all the 'choices' for proprietary dog food. Lots of people, like me, live in countries where they just do not HAVE all this choice! And hey the dogs survive and thrive.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 01:45 PM
it looks as good as many other vvv expensive salmon kibbles so i'm hoping it works! No harm in ordering a bag i guess!
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I thought it was you posted recently to saw raw wasn't working out Blue Jay? Must have been someone else. Confused is my normal state.

*regarding all the 'choices' for proprietary dog food. Lots of people, like me, live in countries where they just do not HAVE all this choice! And hey the dogs survive and thrive.
Don't worry, you arent losing your marbles - it was me
Frodo seems to have problems with all sorts; raw included. Ripley and Rory are still fine on it

Autarky is only cheap too so worth a try!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Makes mental note *all my marbles still in a straight row ... just!
Ginge2602
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2013, 10:31 PM
I used autarky salmon for a while. Seemed to tick all the boxes ....... Except one!! Dogs didn't like it! Hey ho.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by Ginge2602 View Post
I used autarky salmon for a while. Seemed to tick all the boxes ....... Except one!! Dogs didn't like it! Hey ho.
As I am oft heard to say - don't matter WHAT is in it or how well it comes out in the comparison tests if your dog doesn't LIKE it!

All my BIG dogs ate anything they could get their chops on. It doesn't 'touch the sides' as it goes down. I used to say you could give it to them in the box and they'd eat the box with as much relish (box probly contained as much nutrition too!)

Smaller dogs are more picky. You soon find out what they do and don't like.