Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2013, 03:21 PM

Think Arden Grange is a winner!

More posting this as it's typical Millie in an amusing way.
As a lot of you know i'm changing her food as she's always hungry of f4d so am looking for a new food.

I bought a small bag of AG to see whether she likes it and will eat more than the sample sizes.
She now point blank refuses to eat her f4d (which i have about 14kg left of -_-)

Just waiting for some acana samples which are on a bogoff (only 4p a day more expensive to feed than AG) but i have a feeling i may have to do an early changeover....
such a pain but gotta love her!

(she will likely eat the f4d if i put meat in it - gonna try it tonight)
Just never known her like food to the extent she almost goes on hunger strike
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 04:18 PM
I do hope you find something she likes, sole dogs are often picky as there is little or no competition for their food.

Arden Grange is a decent brand & is at least not part of a big multinational company, being produced in the UK
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2013, 04:49 PM
I tried her on the lamb adults about 4/5 years ago and she wasn't one bit impressed but i've never seen her like this with a food before - could be because of it being chicken though and she has been on fish for so long.
Hope she likes Acana though as for 4p extra a day to get more meat/less grain is totally worth it otherwise i'll see how she is on AG
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Fed my dog on Ardern Grange since he was a pup, he loves it and never any tummy trouble. Also tried Wainrights, JWB, Orijen but none suit him as well as Ardern Grange.
Hiker
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-08-2013, 01:51 PM
I changed to Arden Grange about 2 months ago. Can't fault it.
The large breed versions kibble is bigger than others I've tried, which means Juno has to actually chew them rather than just wolf them down.
What comes out the other end is a lot more consistent than other kibble I've tried.
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Bailiie is on Arden Grange chicken and rice and loves it but I've recently put her onto Lily's kitchen too, for some variety.
Have you tried mixing the f4d in with the Arden Grange to see if Millie will eat it that way?

When I changed Bailiie last year I had 3/4 of a bag of Hills left over so I donated it to our local RSPCA - they were made up

HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2013, 09:43 PM
She only eats the AG and carefully places the f4d on the floor next to her bowl haha.
I'm doing the 20 minute rule at the moment and it seems to be working a bit otherwise i just need to mix a little meat with it and it soon goes.
Have to give her credit for trying though - a cunning old dog i have... lol
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Acana wins!

Samples just arrived and i put the chicken and burbank, senior and AG in a line, she went to AG first and spat it out haha, and ate the Acana's before finishing the AG.

I actually just looked at her, and her nose is in the burbank lol.

Didn't expect her to like it (especially this much) as she hated Orijen.
Roger Biduk
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Arden Grange isn’t one of the best brands.
Looking at their Adult Chicken and Rice, it’s low in protein at 25% and high in carbohydrates at 36% with junk ingredients such as rice, maize, beet pulp, fish meal, fish oil.

Eden and Orijen are two best kibble you can buy in the U.K.

Acana is OK but the formulas with grains (steel cut oats) should be avoided.
I’m surprised that Champion Pet Foods is now adding a grain... they know that grains are totally inappropriate in a carnivore dog’s diet, they preach it in their “white paper”.
Roger Biduk
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Sadly she doesn't like origin as I tried her before and don't think I could afford it.
When she runs out of f4d i'm going to see how well she suits acana. . acana I know has grains but it's 'only' 20% compared to the rest of them like AG which is much higher.
Acana do a grain free one (regionals) which I'll probably try her on when money gets better
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >