Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 05:45 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Tuesday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Had a brilliant night's sleep cos it wasn't hot and muggy, so here I am at 6.30 and been up over half an hour already. Zena greeted me upside down this morning with her tail slapping against the floor, so I had to get down and give her a big kiss and cuddle, and she was squirming around acting the fool, so I know she's feeling good today too.

Lovely blue sky out there, and we did have a bit of rain yesterday, just two hefty showers which only lasted 5 mins, and although my washing got wet, it didn't wash the paint off the wall, and it's cleared the air beautifully, so a lovely fresh, sunny day for a change.

Lynn, I hope you're feeling much better today, and good luck with Gill.

Pat, Hope you're much better too after a quiet day with Bella on her bed.

June, don't know whether you've got lift off today for Plan A, but once it's taken off maybe we can get to hear about it (or not!)

Sally old bean, I think I read you'd be up early this morning too, hope you managed to drag yourself out of bed, but this entitles you to free membership of the nanny nap club, so don't forget to take one this afternoon.

Jenny, lovely to chat to you last night, and I hope the puter might have sorted itself out overnight (sometimes they do that don't they), and that you can sort out the medication for those boys to put your mind at rest.

Bev, hope you've got a date for the big move by now and have done most of the packing.....maybe

Off out early with Zena cos I want to get over that tip before the whole world gets there and I end up in the mile long queue.

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2013, 06:03 AM
Morning everyone.
Just been and had a catch up on last nights chat. Kazz it was nice to see you around last night. Sorry Bella suffers from the dreaded fireworks poor Ollie did and its not nice to see them so distressed. Your remote cottage plan sounds a great idea.
I think a lot of Bernese like to lay out in the cool when it is very warm.
He didn't wake till 6am this morning so it must be cooling down.
June glad to hear a plan is coming together. We wait with baited breath. I hope you are gradually feeling better.
Pat I hope you are feeling better today. When Michael returned for Dubai he got Quinseys. For those who don't know what it is its like tonsillitis but 100x worse he was really ill and if the AB's hadn't worked would of had to have the the infected boil type things in the throat lanced.
He was told he more than likely picked it up on the flight home after they asked if he had flown recently.
jenny I hope the puter works for you today
Helena I hope a calm restful day is in store for you today.
Bev I hope it all goes well for Charly's appointment today. Is it today you get the verdict on the washing machine ?
Malka I hope you and Pereg are ok today.
Sorry if I have missed anyone out.

Off to Gill's after dropping Michael at Epping to Maisie sit for them. Gill will be so relieved after today no more chemo. Regardless of whether this works or not she has been told she can have no more chemo so we hope the blood tests reveal low markers and the scan she has to have soon also shows reduction of the tumour.
She has been through so much with both lots. She will be quite unwell again by the end of the week but the end of September they have a caravan holiday booked so she has something to look forward too while recovering.

My face feels normal today but my throat feels a little uncomfortable.
I will be taking my lap top with me today so will be able to keep up unless Maisie has other ideas.

Safe Tuesday everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2013, 06:04 AM
Ha ha we have done it again.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 06:07 AM
LOL, either we both oversleep or we both get up at silly hour Lynn!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 06:28 AM

We are up early cos Brian wanted to get to the tip before the rush. So there were nearly 3 Good Morning threads but I waited a bit to see who else would post!
Very cool here this morning, just 12c almost arctic after the last few weeks
A lot of Devon and Cornwall were flooded again yesterday but at least it is dry today.
I hope you are all well. Pat hope your throat is better I have never had Quinseys but my husband was really ill with them once.
I think I am half asleep still cos it has taken me so long to write this and I can't remember what else I wanted to say!
Have a good day all and I will be back when I have woken up
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post

We are up early cos Brian wanted to get to the tip before the rush. So there were nearly 3 Good Morning threads but I waited a bit to see who else would post!
Very cool here this morning, just 12c almost arctic after the last few weeks
A lot of Devon and Cornwall were flooded again yesterday but at least it is dry today.
I hope you are all well. Pat hope your throat is better I have never had Quinseys but my husband was really ill with them once.
I think I am half asleep still cos it has taken me so long to write this and I can't remember what else I wanted to say!
Have a good day all and I will be back when I have woken up
Morning Nippy! Yes I think you need more kawfee girl - is Lynn's brother who had the quinseys (whatever that is) not me. Feeling better today but not 100%. Will drop the girls at Makenzy beach and come home, returning to either join them for a drink or just bring them back later.

I recall now that when Martin visited Cuba for a week en route home from Cayman Is. he was VERY ill and it lasted a very long time and he ended up with IBS for a long time afterwards. Docs reckoned he either contracted something in Cuba or on the flight back from there. He'd been out of the UK for 2 years and spent his first 3 nights back in the UK in a hotel bedroom near Heathrow, too ill to continue his journey home!

Geez I hope I don't have anything that serious! But I beleive this is a bug/respiratory thingie that is being made to seem worse because of the heat and humidity here right now. Tummy is OK this morning and I ate normally later last night (including choklit and ice cream!)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2013, 06:47 AM
A proper good morning Helena.
Morning Pat I am sure you don't have Quinseys. Hope you are feeling better. it was son Michael not brother Michael. I do like to confuse you.
Morning Jenny. Your end of the world always seems to get the floods lately doesn't it. Glad you are ok.
I think we would of gone into melt down with 3 good morning posts.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Morning H and all.

Lovely and fresh out there this morning so hopefully it will cool the inside of the house down a bit.
Charly has her gynie appointment at 9am this morning (thanks for the good wishes for her Lynn) I know she is very nervous as she is worried about her fertility with all her problems.
This evening her and Ash are leaving and I won't see them till the middle of September. They will go back to their house in Pirbright for the night and then set off to their house in Devon for a week to sort that out and get some stuff to take back to Pirbright.

This morning I have the windscreen man coming to sort out the chips in it i got the other day. i should also hear about whether my washing machine will be fixed or if I have to go without till after I move and csn start saving for a new one.
I am also going to phone the council and say we need a date for moving now as this has dragged on long enough., then its off to work for me this afternoon and evening.

Pat i hope your throat is better this morning.

Lynn will be thinking of Gill today she has been through so much and I bet she will be glad to see the back of this chemo.

H, enjoy your walk and jenny hope you wake up soon and remember all you want to say

Hope everyone else is ok and your day goes well.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 07:03 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn and fellow members,

My computer problem was solved by my son .... it crashed 'cos the battery was flat It flashed to indicate that it was low earlier in the evening so I carried on using it having plugged the mains lead in but unknown to me the lead had stopped working but the odd thing is the computer stopped flashing 'low battery'. Different lead and its all line which is a relief.

Helena - Thanks so much for the chat last night and I intend to put the plan in action this morning to ensure that if Flash has Giardia he received the correct treatment. Zena was clearly pleased to see you with her upside down greeting
Lynn - I'm glad your feeling more yourself this morning and enjoy looking after little (compared to Dillon) Maisie today. Gill must just be willing today over and done with and of course the fall-out from the treatment.
Morning Nippy, Pat and Bev and anyone else who has snuck in .... since starting typing I had to stop to sew a button on my son's suit jacket
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 07:21 AM
You've made me smile jenny - sons and sewing jobs!

I remember when I flew to Cayman Is. to stay with Martin for a month - it wasn't long before he handed me a heap of crops and other stuff that required minor repair! Would have taken a sewing machine with me if I'd known! Then his darling wife handed me another pile of stuff that had perspiration stains on it asking if I knew how to get rid of those.

Was happy to help but it sometimes amuses me that all 3 of my offspring are TOTALLY USELESS at sewing and also at anything remotely touching on DIY when they grew up with a mum who was doing stuff like that every day.

(I obviously put them off for life lol!)
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »