Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-07-2013, 11:26 AM

My frightening terrifying dog...

...who so many people are afraid of because she rushes out and barks, has just done me proud! She has proven what I have said all along, that if I "invite" someone in she will let them come in without making a performance about it.

The ice-cream van turned up and I fancied some - so plonked up the ramp and he drove as near as he could - showed me what he had [he knows I only buy the 1.5l litre containers] - hadda bitta haggle and bought what I wanted. But I already had my purse between my teeth so could not carry the bag of two containers as well so he said no problem, I will bring them in.

And I was thinking oh yes? Pereg will rush out barking but a hello bark but does he know that it is a hello bark and not a keep away bark?

Sure he did! He brought the bag in, patted Pereg on the head for being a good girl, and off he went.

Pereg - you are such a good girl and I love you so very very much! xxx
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 11:29 AM
She knows ice cream brings joy!
What a good girl indeed
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Good girl Pereg
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 12:02 PM
awww good girl enjoy your ice cream
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 12:05 PM
One day Zena will be as clever as Pereg, bless her heart for listening to YOU that it was ok for him to enter, without mugging him I would be very proud too Malka, and one day I will be posting up the same thing, but not for a while yet I'm afraid.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Pereg you are such a clever girl, and of course you must protect mummy, but the kind men bring goodies, how clever to know the difference, now be very clever and send some of mummy's icecream to me
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Awww that's lovely, she is a clever girl indeed.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

24-07-2013, 01:06 PM
I did not even tell Pereg it was OK to let him in - when he had offered to bring the bag in I said thanks and that not to worry about the dog because she is OK - came in, dropped my purse on my chair and he had just followed me in saying "where do you want me to put this?" Pereg knows the ice-cream van [she "sings" when she hears it"] but she did not know this young man. She just somehow automatically knew that he was OK.

The ice-cream was/is for me - she does not have it - but I know for certain that she would not let the guys from the fish van come near when they turn up and I go out to buy sardines and other fish for her - and yet she does know that the fish is for her. Not that they would even attempt to come near as they are frightened of her.

Somehow she seems to know who she can let in and who she does not want near, which is why I can safely leave my door open [not fully, just partly open with a rope across that only needs un-hooking for someone to get in] while I am not sitting here in the salon next to the door. Once, and only once did someone reach his hand in to try to unhook the rope [a typical schnorrer] and what with Pereg's barking and my screeching he soon shot off. Had he actually managed to get in I have no doubt that he would have regretted it.

My Pereg is definitely not daft!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Aww good girl Pereg. She's a credit to you. It's just a shame so many people near you are scared of dogs.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

24-07-2013, 04:16 PM
I can understand people being scared of dogs, and after almost 18 years on a religious Moshav [Orthodox but not ultra-Orthodox] I can understand why some religious people think that dogs, especially indoor dogs, are unclean.

But what I can not understand, nor can I ever forgive, is why some men - then copied by their children, throw stones at Pereg when she is in my front yard and they can see that she is tethered and cannot get near them.

So I am even more proud of her for allowing a total stranger to follow me into my home and come in - because she knew, oh she knew, no question about that, that he was OK and would not harm either of us.

And she knew it, Bless her!