Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 01:23 PM

GB Greyhound Walk

A few pics from the RGT Monmore GB Greyhound walk this morning , weather was awful but 68 hounds walked and I am so proud of my fearful lurcher Tom , 3 years of hard work with him and he was a star , no barking , no lunging and most importantly he really enjoyed walking with all the hounds , I never thought I would see the day , so anyone struggling at the mo with a fearful dog , stick in there , keep up the consistent reward based training because the feeling when you are there is fabulous

All waiting for the off !

Tom, Bella and Ceddars having a snuggle in the rain , who would have thought it !

Bella and Ceddars

Lets all have a sniff

The pack of 68 gets on the move

Thanks for looking
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Oh your pride in your dog shines thro' in your post! So happy for you. And good to see so many turned out - obviously no 'fair weather' dog walkers there!

Bravo to Tom!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Well done with your progress with Tom
Looks like fun, great pics. Those coats look great too
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Oh your pride in your dog shines thro' in your post! So happy for you. And good to see so many turned out - obviously no 'fair weather' dog walkers there!

Bravo to Tom!
Thank you , it meant so much to me today to see him comfortable and enjoying the company of other dogs , been a long slog though with a dog who barked and lunged at every dog he saw , he was a rescue who was found underweight and injured so goodness knows what happened in his past , all good now and worth the work
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Was horrendous weather this morning, well done you for turning out, is this the same one Bev is doing, she said there were events all over the country.
Very very posh coats as well!!!!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Was horrendous weather this morning, well done you for turning out, is this the same one Bev is doing, she said there were events all over the country.
Very very posh coats as well!!!!
Thank you , still drying off now ! pleased with the coats as a first effort on my sewing machine !
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Oh YOU made them, how talented you are, love the 'leopard skin' ones, are they a sort of an undercoat or a vest type of thing. They are very trendy anyway.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Oh YOU made them, how talented you are, love the 'leopard skin' ones, are they a sort of an undercoat or a vest type of thing. They are very trendy anyway.
Thank you , the leopard skin bit is like a snood attached to the coat , wanted something different so got the sewing machine out !
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Love those coats, you should be very proud of them. I could never make anything like that.

Shame about the weather but I bet you still all enjoyed it, you had an amazing number of people considering the rain. Well done.

Lovely to see Tom so happy and relaxed and obviously enjoying being out with his friends. He has done very well, you must be over the moon.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Love those coats, you should be very proud of them. I could never make anything like that.

Shame about the weather but I bet you still all enjoyed it, you had an amazing number of people considering the rain. Well done.

Lovely to see Tom so happy and relaxed and obviously enjoying being out with his friends. He has done very well, you must be over the moon.
Thanks Bev, I am delighted with Tom , we learned together and I am so pleased to have him enjoying life with other dogs now I will never be complacent with him but the improvement is fab
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >