Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Millysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-06-2013, 03:46 PM

Poorly girl

My lovely Mills is poorly - she has come down with chronic diarhorea and sickness and has spent the night at the vets being re-hydrated and treated, with x-rays and ultra sound this morning. Was passing blood as well. Hopefully will be able to collect her later today if she has improved enough but am scared what they're going to tell me. (My sister's lab had to be pts because of something similar a while ago, so am praying she's not got whatever that was - they were often together at various times before her lab got ill.)

It's horrible without her and am so worried.

And poor little Cassie can't understand what's happened to his companion. He hates being apart from her so this is a double tragedy for the family - she's not well and away at the vets, and he's beside himself without her.

Wish us luck for later.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2013, 03:48 PM
I do wish you all the best and hope you soon have your girl feeling well and back home with you.
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Wish you tons of luck and really hope you will be told she is a lot better and that you can bring her home.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Sending lots of "get well soon" {{{vibes}}} for poor Milly. xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Fingers crossed for good news x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Poor girl. Been there done that with my dogs - the awful runs and the passing of blood (well looked like insides coming out at some times) I do believe it is not unusual for there to be blood present with severe diarrhoea (at least that's what I was told) so as long as she is getting the right treatment try not to worry overmuch about that.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Oh poor Mills & you, do hope you get some good news.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-06-2013, 05:58 PM
My lovely Mills is poorly - she has come down with chronic diarhorea and sickness and has spent the night at the vets being re-hydrated and treated, with x-rays and ultra sound this morning. Was passing blood as well. Hopefully will be able to collect her later today if she has improved enough but am scared what they're going to tell me. (My sister's lab had to be pts because of something similar a while ago, so am praying she's not got whatever that was - they were often together at various times before her lab got ill.)
Nicki just like humans dogs get an upset tummy from time to time , it isn't always serious.

I hope Milly makes a speedy recovery..
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Sending positive vibes to you and Millie - hope the news is good when you hear from the vet.
Hugs to you both x
Millysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks everyone - good news. She came home and seems to be much improved. Probably being home is helping her cos its not nice being away from family when you're feeling poorly either. Anyway, she is a little perkier, just need to get some food into her to keep her strength up (as well as all the meds!). Bless her.

Thanks for all the wishes. It did make a difference, knowing that other people were thinking about her, and some of the comments helped to keep things in perspective too Thanks again.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >