Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 08:32 PM

I have to go to the dentist tomorrow...

And I reallllllllllllllly dislike the dentist

One of my fillings has come out, but I also haven't had a checkup for about 2 years....

I actually feel ill thinking about it

I have never had a really bad experience, i just hate going....

Someone make me feel better please haha
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 08:37 PM
I spend my life at the dentist it seems having horrible things done and I like you get into a real state before I go.

I don't know why I do because even when I've had really, really nasty things done it is never as bad in the dentist chair as the thought of going is

Believe me a filling is not problem and just think one filling and a check up and it will be all over with and done for another year.

You'll be fine and like me will walk out of the dentist thinking to yourself 'why was I so worried'

Good luck, but I'm sure you won't need it. ((hugs))
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Thanks!
It probably is the fear of going as opposed to the fear of being there.... but it just makes me feel so ill lol.
I'm a bit worried that im gonna go in one time and he will be like "all your teeth need to come out" or something haha.

Plus its the scraping and the drilling.... arghhhh
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Every minute you are closer to it and every minute you are in there is a minute you will never have to repeat and a minute closer to having it over and done with for another 6 months of a year!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 08:59 PM
He won't say that When I get in the dentist chair I just think 'OK this is it - nothing I can do now and just be thankful it is only the dentist - you're not about to have an arm cut off'

Don't think about it now .... if you can. Also be thankful you don't work at the dentist or as a dentist ........ ugh!! that must be gross.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Thanks both!
I am trying to "man up" about it, as that was the help and support my friend gave me haha, but it's just so nerve wracking!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Kammy my teeth are crumbling and most of them are filled also I have a number of caped teeth and root fillings so as you can imagine I spent quite a bit of time in the dentist.

When I was a girl in the 50s pain relief at the dentist was poor and we used to be given gas which made people feel nauseous and caused them to vomit.
The pain relief used today by dentists is so efficient you shouldn't feel any discomfort . I lay back, close my eyes and imagine I am walking somewhere beautiful noting all the flowers and animals as I walk and before I know it the treatment is over

Try not to anticipate the worst and you will be fine . I would rather go to the dentist than the hairdresser, that really gives me nightmares
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Oh really? What is it about the hairdresser you dont like?

I am going to just go to bed.... all I am doing now is thinking about it, which really isn't helping!

At least the appointment is just before 9am! So don't have to wait all day to go!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
Oh really? What is it about the hairdresser you dont like?
I don't like people touching my hair or sitting there trying not to say anything when someone has made me look odd .

Good luck tomorrow Kammi
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Mini i really dislike the hairdresser, i just hate the awkward silences haha.

I love the dentist! I think that must make me really weird... but I'm obsessed with teeth, i spend ages there discussing whitening/veneers, i want properly paper white teeth haha. I have an extra wisdom tooth (really weird haha) that i need to go get out. It really doesn't bother me? though i'm a bit odd, i went to give blood and sat there laughing and bantering with the nurses while everyone else looked like they wanted to faint. Just keep calm, and keep telling yourself it's always been fine!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >