View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
anonymousone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2013, 02:03 PM

Best Hoover for dogs hairs on hard floors???

Hi have 50/50 carpet and hard flooring, and a husky and long haired cat, given up trying to find a hoover that can do both floors adequately, so am keeping existing hoover for carpet, but need to get a good hoover that's not too heavy for hard floors, looked at stick hoovers and henrys does anyone have either of these that you would rate???
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Henry is great on most surfaces but I tend to sweep with a rubber broom the hard surfaces works well and cheap too.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-04-2013, 03:24 PM
I would always have a Dyson cleaner in preference to any other (though Chloe doesn't shed Zak does) , my current model cleans both kinds of surfaces .
anonymousone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2013, 03:39 PM
My Dyson was an upright but no good on hard floor, but it is getting on a bit, I fancy one of those stick hoovers as there light and I only need something for hair really, and don't want something bulky to store, but not sure there up to the job.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by anonymousone View Post
My Dyson was an upright but no good on hard floor, but it is getting on a bit, I fancy one of those stick hoovers as there light and I only need something for hair really, and don't want something bulky to store, but not sure there up to the job.
The Dyson I have at the moment is an upright but much smaller than my previous one (lighter too) and has a ball on the front and a separate switch for hard floors which lifts the brush off the ground..
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Henry is great on most surfaces but I tend to sweep with a rubber broom the hard surfaces works well and cheap too.
Agree. Numatic Henry or even his big bruvver! I've had Dysons and all sorts. Nothing beat Henry for multi surfaces. And a great really LONG pipe and a very long electric flex lead too.

I bought a new Henry to Cyprus with me because they don't sell them here.
Adamyork
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-04-2013, 08:01 PM
You cant go wrong with henry, we got one of them dyson pet ones and its great too
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2013, 08:42 PM
A Dyson every time! I have the ball Dyson, and I just whizz round all my hard floors downstairs then take the handle off and use one of the upholstery tools on the end of the hose to do the stairs which is carpeted, and then re-assemble to do the carpet on the upstairs landing and the bathrooms and bedrooms all of which are tiled or laminated. I even have a Dyson pet attachment for grooming the dogs!
anonymousone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2013, 09:10 PM
The Ball dysons are proving popular, as are the henrys but has anyone used the stick vacuums?
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2013, 09:28 PM
I have a Roomba. Absolute magic. I didn't think it would cope with GSD and Lab hair but it does a fantastic job. Set it off and get on with something else. It takes a long time about 50 mins to do lounge + kitchen. Takes itself back to the charger when finished. Shame it doesn't empty itself
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >