Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2012, 04:15 PM

This will make you giggle.

After a lot of trying hard to contact Gorden via skype which didn't happen due to problems his end we ended chatting by email.

He is the only man there his other colleague is female and they are using a lot of the local people qualified in teaching to work alongside them.

Anyway he was guest of honour at lunch today now he had read that the guest of honour if a man gets a sheeps head. You guessed it he got a sheeps head.
Now Gorden eats meat as long as it doesn't have bones and doesn't resemble what it use to be. He said he nearly threw up. I guess he must of eaten some of it as he said he managed to cover over it with a large drink of water.
The rest of the meal was horse meat. He said its ok if you don't think about what it is when eating it.

He is being looked after really well has only spent 80p on a beer. He has been given a living allowance and a bag of food for his room. He gets lifts everywhere and just made the taxi this morning as he overslept. (Not surprising).

We are going to try skype again tomorrow he is going to ask the interpreter to have a word with the hotel staff about it.

Sounds like he is coping better than me I haven't told him I have been in virtual melt down today because he would worry.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 04:57 PM
That sounds like one of those moments where they serve you something dodgy just to see if you'll eat it
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Was he served the eyeballs as well?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 05:08 PM
My worst nightmare I don't know how he did it, hats off to Gorden there Makes me feel sick just to think about how it arrived on the plate in front of him

Aren't you glad you didn't go with him now Lynn???
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
That sounds like one of those moments where they serve you something dodgy just to see if you'll eat it
I wonder if that was the plan.

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Was he served the eyeballs as well?
Have no idea Malka and not sure if I want to know.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
My worst nightmare I don't know how he did it, hats off to Gorden there Makes me feel sick just to think about how it arrived on the plate in front of him

Aren't you glad you didn't go with him now Lynn???
Yes although I get the impression I wouldn't of been important enough to be guest of honour it seems to be the men that are considered important . Would suit me fine.

The interpreter told him not to smile through a song the children were singing as it was serious song.
He also throws some jokes in when delivering his courses to lighten the mood so they don't become to intense he said the interpreter feels a little bad about putting them in and isn't happy about doing it.
She wants to do well as her parents are well established over there in the education system so is a bit between the two as she see's the consultants as equally important or more. I know he will chat with her anbd sort it out to suit the culture.

All in all I would say he is enjoying it.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Oh yuck!!! Well done him for giving it a go though and not causing an international incident!!!

Hope the Skype works out tommorow and you can have a proper chat.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
He is being looked after really well has only spent 80p on a beer.
Well that's an improvement on when I was contracting, alcohol was completely banned where I went a reasonable price too.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
it seems to be the men that are considered important
Again, I must point out that I never got to attend a banquet where a sheeps head was served, so Gordons doing well, mind you I would have been a bit quesy at having to eat that. I like my meat mashed up in sausages or covered in breadcrumbs
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh yuck!!! Well done him for giving it a go though and not causing an international incident!!!

Hope the Skype works out tommorow and you can have a proper chat.
Thanks I hope so too.
He did do well to not cause an international incident.

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well that's an improvement on when I was contracting, alcohol was completely banned where I went a reasonable price too.

Again, I must point out that I never got to attend a banquet where a sheeps head was served, so Gordons doing well, mind you I would have been a bit quesy at having to eat that. I like my meat mashed up in sausages or covered in breadcrumbs

Gorden is the same the better disguised his meat is the better he likes it.
Not sure how he managed it to be honest must of taken some will power.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Sounds like he is going to have an interesting time ahead!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Sounds like quite an adventure he's having

I bet he's glad it wasn't a monkey's head
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >