Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BorderCollieLvr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 10:03 AM

Which Breed

Someone at training has asked if i can help find her another dog, she want another one for agility she already has a border collie who used to do agility but now he is 15. She wants something small with alot of energy, but doesnt want anything thats going to need alot of grooming clipping etc. She will be doing agility with it.
Any ideas on what breed would be suitable. some i had in mind for her were JRT, CKCS.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Jack Russell, Australian Kelpie, there are a few dogs on agility net rescue me she may want to have a look at
BorderCollieLvr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 10:09 AM
i never thought of that i think ill print the page off for her, thanks Gems!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Hi BCL have you been to the Kennel Club site and looked through the Discover Dogs section ''that might be a glood place to start
SheWolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-08-2005, 12:20 AM
I do think that a JRT need more stimulation then just agility though.
How about Lancashire heeler?
to bad it's in UK (I guess?) cus we have a native dogbreed called dansk/svensk gårdshund that's similar looking to JRT but with a milder temprament.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 06:06 AM
Border terrier or Papion
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2005, 08:47 AM
German Spitz, either Klein or Mittel variety they are great little dogs, great for agility, and a JRT would get very bored with just agility to do IMO
presley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-08-2005, 09:52 AM
I think a stafford would be great for agility and anything else for that matter! I'm not just saying that because I have one but they are great all round dogs and I think they were built for fly ball!
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 09:52 AM
What about the Boston Terrier, I have seen pictures of some doing agility and flyball and from what I hear they are pretty good loads of energy and real athletic. On top they are great personalities well mannered and easily trainable little dogs. An owner of them told me they are super intellegent and very athletic, not too big either so just a nice size. I am of course slightly biased as I adore this breed but definitley worth a look into.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 09:53 AM
I know a few Staffords that do flyball too but you would really need to look carefully at the lines and type I would imagine the less athletic types would not do as well.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >