Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 02:02 PM

Axa Insurance

I've been with them for about 3 years now with both dogs, with no claims made within that time.

With losing Hector 4 weeks ago I rang them to ask for a claim form.
They told me to expect it within 5 days. 10 days later I had to ring them again as I hadnt received it.

I also sent a complaint, by e-mail, as I felt they were not acting within there own written timescales or being sympathetic during a very sad period.
I has an auto reply saying I would be contacted in the next 3 days......well...nothing!!!
So I sent another...same old auto reply.....then ..nothing!!

2 days later I had 2 claim forms sent to me but these were not the headed claim forms that I expected, just quickly printed ones.
The next day I received the proper ones.

Now the claim was sent off by my vet a week ago, I'm not expecting to hear anything yet.
I will give them up to 3 weeks but if I havent heard anything by then I will go to the FSA.

Bonnie is still insured with them atm but this will be changed very soon.

Just a warning for other if this happens to you.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 02:54 PM
All my dogs are insured with AXA and, knowing what insurance companies are like generally, as soon as I received one claim form I photocopied it several times and used that. My vets are now claiming direct and downloading claim forms themselves - just google AXA pet insurance claim forms.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 03:07 PM
What a nightmare for you hon.....

x
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2012, 04:40 PM
You dont need this sort inefficiency at this time, it makes things much harder for you. Am sorry about Hector.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Ah, dear old AXA, up to their usual tricks.

I left them when Spud died a month ago, as they take for ever to pay out. I've yet to have a claim go through without me phoning up after waiting months on a pay out. They do eventually pay up, but not without a struggle.

Needless to say, I'm still waiting for a cheque for Spuds last treatments.

I've now gone with Direct Line, hopefully they'll be more on the ball.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by celli View Post
Ah, dear old AXA, up to their usual tricks.

I left them when Spud died a month ago, as they take for ever to pay out. I've yet to have a claim go through without me phoning up after waiting months on a pay out. They do eventually pay up, but not without a struggle.

Needless to say, I'm still waiting for a cheque for Spuds last treatments.

I've now gone with Direct Line, hopefully they'll be more on the ball.
Oh dear, sorry to hear about Spud

It is so bad that they cant treat people this way especially as in our situations.

They will become sick of me as I WILL ring every day if I havent heard anything from them in 2 weeks time.

Failing that the FSA!!
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2012, 09:30 AM
I think AXA must feel they are a charity and doing us a favour by paying out, rather than a service we've paid for.

Wonder what they'd think if they're customers were as slow to pay their premiums as they are at paying up.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Yes, they can be very slow! Last year it was taking them a couple of weeks just to put the claim on their system, then a few more weeks to actually assess it. They do seem to be quicker this year. Had a cheque through within a week or so last time. However, they have paid out everything we've asked.

Here is the link for claim forms if anyone needs it
CLAIM FORM
Carla0305
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2012, 05:53 PM
That's not good. I'm with Axa for my 3 also but have never yet had to claim. You have to give them 4 weeks to investigate your complaint (should have had a holding letter sent at 5 working days too) after which you can go to the financial ombudsman ..
they are your next point if call hunnas they are the arbitration body
mandyB
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2012, 06:19 PM
I've found them very good and have no complaints. They've just paid out for my Lab's op, the cheque arrived 10days after I took the claim form into the vets, don't think they could of processed it much quicker taking the time spent in the post into consideration!

I claimed once before, about 18mths ago, it took 6weeks then, but, I hadn't sent all the relevent information (the 12mth clinical history that they insist on) so they had to contact the vets for this which delayed things. My own fault that time.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >