View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 07:42 PM

Packing Tillys bag for 24 hours at the vets!

Well the vets still can't work out whats wrong with Tilly. The scan was clear and the results of the blood test taken during the bile test were too. My poor vet. She's scratching her head over Tilly. She told me the whole practice is talking about her and they've been through the books looking for clues!! She's going in tomorrow for 24 hours so they can monitor her water intake and urine output as the vet is starting to wonder if its diabetes insipidus? But to be honest, I wouldn't say she drinks any more than the others. If tomorrow doesnt give any clues, then its back to more tests. Poor pup, she's starting to look like a manky pin cushion what with all the shaved bits and needle holes! So I've just packed her over night bag and this time tomorrow I shall be sitting at home, worrying about my little scruff bag. She wont be alone but its not the same as curling up in bed with me.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Poor Tilly, I hope they get to the bottom of it soon.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Poor Tilly and poor you. You'll really miss her! But I bet she'll get lots of attention, just like Roxy probably is just now! These girls of ours will know how to make it work for them!

I hope they get to the bottom of it, but if she's not showing any symptoms then that's good! How peculiar though, I hope they get to the bottom of it when she's in there.

Is there a specific test for diabetes insipidus? Presumably it's not the normal diabetes tests that they do?
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Aww, poor Tilly. Hope the vets get to the bottom of the problem soon!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Poor you, and little Tilly. I do hope that her little "holiday" proves to be worthwhile, and that the vets find out what is going on.

Good luck Tilly.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Poor Tilly hope they can work out whats wrong x
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Poor Tilly, I hope they get to the bottom of it soon.
Thank you
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Poor Tilly and poor you. You'll really miss her! But I bet she'll get lots of attention, just like Roxy probably is just now! These girls of ours will know how to make it work for them!

I hope they get to the bottom of it, but if she's not showing any symptoms then that's good! How peculiar though, I hope they get to the bottom of it when she's in there.

Is there a specific test for diabetes insipidus? Presumably it's not the normal diabetes tests that they do?
Oh Nicola, our girls are really putting us through the mill at the moment!! Im sure she'll be fine. She's well loved at the vets and they have someone there all night so she wont be alon. It will be me at home doing all the fretting. I think it is different from normal diabetes. From what I can gather, its something to do with the kidneys not retaining water. The vet says if it is this, its usually easily treatable but I dont know if there is a specific test for it.
Originally Posted by Pysces View Post
Aww, poor Tilly. Hope the vets get to the bottom of the problem soon!
Thank you
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by emma47 View Post
Poor Tilly hope they can work out whats wrong x
Thank you.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Hope they get to the bottom of it soon.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Oh Nicola, our girls are really putting us through the mill at the moment!! Im sure she'll be fine. She's well loved at the vets and they have someone there all night so she wont be alon. It will be me at home doing all the fretting. I think it is different from normal diabetes. From what I can gather, its something to do with the kidneys not retaining water. The vet says if it is this, its usually easily treatable but I dont know if there is a specific test for it.
So they are, Gerri! Little menaces, the pair of them! Maybe the plotted at DD to get us worrying about them at the same time?! Little tykes.

Hopefully, if they think it might be that, they can treat it as if it is that and see if there are any changes? Not sure though if they can treat that if it isn't that. What a carry on though, all these tests and not knowing. Very bizarre. I hope you get some answers this time and Tilly enjoys all the attention. She'll be wondering what the hell's going on, probably!

Try not to worry too much. I don't even know why I'm saying that actually, as we DO worry, it's only natural, especially when you don't know what the actual problem is.

Good luck to Tilly for her stay in the vets. Give her a hug from us, please. xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >