Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 03:56 PM

Under Stair Storage

Just curious as to how many of you have under stairs storage and how you make best use of the space as i wanted to revitalise mine!!

At present it's just a case of chuck everything in and hope that you don't need anything from the very far end!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Just curious as to how many of you have under stairs storage and how you make best use of the space as i wanted to revitalise mine!!

At present it's just a case of chuck everything in and hope that you don't need anything from the very far end!
And tidy it up everytime you get the meter read ..:P
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
And tidy it up everytime you get the meter read ..:P
Lol! Fortunately our meters are in a different place so we don't have that worry! Maybe it would make me keep it tidier though if I knew someone would have to go in there!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2012, 05:05 PM
I have two because my stairs go around a corner so one is only about 3' high x 3' wide by about 6' deep and the OH seems to have commandeered that for all his crap so I never open the door, and the tall one is full of jackets, trainers etc. I had the same arrangement in my previous house too and the dogs had the long, low one as their dog bed instead of a crate. Our meters are in the garage.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Ours, as it doesn't have doors, houses our fridge freezer, and one of the dogs freezers
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes we have under stairs storage, it's called Tilly's bedroom It seemed such a waste of space so we took the door off & I pimped it up.
The bit were she is sitting is the second set of stairs when she goes in, we knocked through the plasterboard which gives another big space under the first stair run, so she has another bed in there where she goes at night.
The hoover now lives in the porch & the other under stairs junk has been evicted
I think we should charge her rent!
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Tilly is sooooooo spoilt but very lucky. Mine is very much as esmeds, and my meter is in there!!! *blush*
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2012, 07:56 PM
our under stair storage is an open space at back of the kitchin so i have the washing machine and a shoe rack under it. i just wish oh's sister had thought to have a light fitted when she organised the house being redone the other year.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Best thing I ever did with the under stairs area was to remove the wall between the stairs and the kitchen. I now have an upright fridge freezer and a big covered litter tray for Tyr under there.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 08:59 PM
we have a small cloak cupboard and the other part is accessed from the kitchen and is a big walk in cleaning cupboard.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >