Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ozbound
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-01-2012, 09:04 AM

Wind

BoB suffers with it really bad and my god it really, really stinks sometimes lol . I only feed him on dry food which I buy at my local garden centre the food is called More Large Breed Puppy Dog Food. My question is do all dry dog foods give dogs bad wind or does anyone know of one that doesn't give as bad a wind problems? I know all dogs are different but some dog foods are better than others just wanted your opinions. Thanks in advance.

This is the blurb on it
More™ is a super premium veterinarian style food specially formulated to help your dog lead a long and healthy life. The recipe contains high levels of fresh chicken meat and has natural hypo-allergenic properties, as its free from ingredients such as wheat gltuen, beef and dairy products which can cause common allergies in dogs resulting in skin, coat and digestive problems. With Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids More™ will help improve or maintain your dogs healthy skin & coat. More™ also helps support the immune system and contains important natural antioxidants like, selenium, lutein, bioflavonoids, Vitamin E & C and citrus extracts.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi. Am by no means an expert and am learning myself but what are the actual ingredients?

Whisper doesn't get bad wind - she's on Arden Grange kibble but only has a little mixed in with wet food. Am moving her on to Fish4dogs kibble though as it's grain free. (She tried the F4D today for the first time and loved it)
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Unfortunately the blurb does not include a detailed list of ingredients?

The two main culprits in gas production are soya and grains.

Soya should be avoided by dogs as it is a thyroid inhibitor.

Grains are broken down in the lower gut by bacteria, it is the bacteria working on the grain that causes the gas.

So I would suggest (in the absence of any further information) that you try a food which does not contain any ie one with whatever protein plus potato.

This can often eliminate (sorry) the problem!
ozbound
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-01-2012, 03:30 AM
No Soya but I see it does have maize though oh well as soon as he has finished this one time to change again.

Ingredients

Fresh chicken (min. 23%), maize, poultry meat meal, rice, barley, maize gluten meal, animal fat, sugar beet pulp, brewers yeast, egg powder, poultry digest, fish meal, flaxseed, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, yeast extract (source of MOS min. 0.1%), chicory extract (source of FOS min. 0.1%), glucosamine (min. 250 mg/kg), chondroitin (min. 100 mg/kg), yucca extract, marigold extract, rosemary extract.