Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 06:11 PM

Doggy diary

Do you keep one???

I used to have one in Millies early days keep track of her toiletting so I could determin when she needed the loo 0.0''

I am thinking of making another one to keep track of her meals.

if you keep one what is it for??
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-12-2011, 06:45 PM
I keep an online diary to keep a note of Pereg's meals, and to note down anything that might be a possible trigger for her, or if her behavior is slightly different from normal.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm supposed to keep a behavioural diary of Cain's progress but have never actually got around to doing it

ETA: but I do have a list of notable "incidents" for when I write my Marley and Me style novel about living with Cain the Pain
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 07:10 PM
I have one to keep track of Loki's epilepsy - the frequency of fits, how many, any other 'symptoms', meds given, etc.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 07:21 PM
I kept a diary for our last dog, and wrote for the first three years that we had her. I found it the other day and spent a very happy, and amazed, time re-reading it all. It was mostly about her behaviour, and there was so much that I had forgotten - some of it very funny, and some of it incredibly awful

It is definitely worth expanding on those food/medical diaries, and then keeping them in a safe place for future reading.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 07:43 PM
ive just started keeping a food diary. this is so i can determine what type of commercial foods they like, as im thinking about switching back to commercial or feeding 50/50 raw and commercial.

i will keep a daily diary when daphni has puppies. recording their weight, behaviour, any changes in them, when they begin weaning, what they eat, different temperment and behaviours of puppies to help match them to potential owners.

id love to keep a daily diary but i imagine it would get very boring... today we went for a walk, ate breakfast, slept, went for another walk, did a bit of training, ate tea, slept...
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 07:55 PM
I keep a diary of our walks, because I'm a bit anal like that.
I also keep a note of all dog related purchases and costs - helpful if a little frightening.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 08:01 PM
I keep a diary of Jins meals, including meds given and any times she has a bad tum. Just helps me plan her meals. ^.^
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
I keep a diary of our walks, because I'm a bit anal like that.
I also keep a note of all dog related purchases and costs - helpful if a little frightening.
i used to do that.. then stopped cos it scared me think i might start in new year... or maybe not, because i have to buy all the puppy/whelping things
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I have one to keep track of Loki's epilepsy - the frequency of fits, how many, any other 'symptoms', meds given, etc.
That is why I keep one. I originally wrote things down in a notebook but I cannot hold a pen properly and my writing went all over the place so ended up totally illegible. As I can type I looked into getting an online diary, and it is so much easier to keep track of everything.

I even make a note of sudden weather changes in case I see a pattern that might be the sign of a trigger.

[Hi-jacking the thread for a moment, with apologies to Pippam, how is Loki doing?]
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >