Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SunnySundance
New Member!
Female 

04-11-2011, 11:02 PM

Hiya folks, I'm Sunny

Well, hey there folks. I'm Sunny. You know, a lot of funny things have been to me lately. It's all very confusing. But I'll do my best to explain.
My whole life, er, well, at least up until a few weeks ago, I'd lived outside. It didn't matter if the tempretures were above 100 degrees or lower than freezing. I was outside. The people who raised me live right off a major highway, and have no fence. So I was able to wander where ever I wanted to go. Some how, I never managed to get hit by one of those loud, foul smelling things people drive. Anyway, my people really didn't show me much attention. I guess because I was outside and dirty. I didn't mind, but they did since when ever I wanted to be loved on they held up their hands and said, "No Sunny." I heard that a lot. I tried not to let that get to me, even though it did. They forgot to feed me sometimes, I guess cause I wasn't laying in the house beside them, so I'm kinda skinny too.
Then I met a guy dog. I really liked him, cause he was free like me. He kinda looked like me too. Well, some time later, a few weeks later and some very strange things happen. I got sick sometimes, even eating grass didn't help. My tummy felt full when I haddn't eaten, and I was very tierd. I didn't know what was going on!
One morning, doing what I always do when my peoples pups got on the light grey long foul smelling thing that made horrible sounds, I'd go down the little dirt that ran between our house and the neighboors. They are always very nice to me. When ever they put out a big bowl of food for me, and even if I was dirty they always reached down to pet me. I like that the best. On that particular morning, I was a bit slow, and my stomach had finally become noticable.
The female person who lived there, the one who was the one to leave the food out, waited next to the food when I came out of the tree line. She gave me a big friendly smile, which made me very happy so I wagged my tail and half launched myself into her lap. The female person laughed and pet me. Once I was satisfied with the affection, I went about eating. Boy, was I hungry all the time! The woman went into her house, holding the door open while the two other dogs that lived there ran out onto the fenced in porch. I liked to sniff at them through the fence.
Moments later, the female person back out with her mate. They both stared at me while I ate. It was a little uncomfertable. They started making noises at each other. I couldn't understand what they were saying, but I remember how the noises went. Maybe you'll have more luck figuring it out. The woman began by sighing.
"I knew she was pregnant. I've been watching her." she said to her mate.
The male dipped his head in aknowledgement and rubbed his face with his fleshy paw.
"Yeah, you were right."
The female looked at me sadly, "What are we going to do? It's going to get super cold, and they arn't going to bring her in." her voice grew deeper, more angry as she made those noises at the end.
"What can we do? She isn't our dog." The male replied cautiously.
"You know exactly what we should do Ken. I'm going over to speak with them. We can't let her give birth in some hole under our house. I wont allow it."
The man human gave the female a hard look, but I could tell he felt the same way. People never could hide their true feelings from me. "Just be nice about it." he said to her, "They are our landlords."
She gave him a big smile, "I'm always nice. And I'm quite persuasive. I'm sure they'll agree. After all, did the 'land lord' get upset when I took his blue tick hound puppies because he was couldn't afford to feed them? No. He thanked me. I'll be back."
The female opened the gate and walked down the steps. I skittered away, nervouse. She bent down and held out her hand. I scrambled to press myself against her legs while she scratched my neck. Then she stood and walked toward my peoples home. But I still had food left, so instead of following her, I sat down heavily next to my bowl and ate.
I had finished my food and was laying in the grass when she returned. I jumped up, as best I could cause of my tummy, and padded to meet her. She stroked her hand over my muzzle and rubbed her face against mine.
"They agreed, didn't they?" asked the male human who'd waited outside for her.
"Of course. Now sweet girl, why don't you come up on the deck, Hmmm?"
The next few hours the female human was with me constantly. I was afraid to get up on the pourch, but she spoke gently to me, sat down with the gate open and waited. Once I was up and had layed myself in her lap, she opened the front door. Amazing smells poured from inside, ones I barley remembered from when I was a puppy. But once again she sat just inside the door, encouraging me.
By the end of the night, I'd recieved a bath in the bathtub, had my teeth brushed, my nails clipped, and teeth brushed. I didn't really like any of it. Well, thats a lie, cause It felt amazing to be clean. I learned that these people, I guess my new people, had two offspring of their own. I don't mind them. They taste funny, so I lick them a lot.
The other two dog in the house were very tolerant of me too, and once we'd smelled each other, gotton the tension out, we settled down into a nice pack. That night, with a full warm belly and a nice, warm place to sleep, I happily and contendidly slept.
Things have pretty much continued the same way since then. I never had a single accident in the house, though they were weary the first week and let me out into the fenced yard often to use the bathroom. A few times they've put me in a large, cage box and drove me to a place with other dogs. I was very well behaved and just layed my head on the kind female humans lap. A male person in a white coat looked me over, poked me with a sharp thing, and then sent us home.
A few weeks have passed now, and the humans I now live with are great. They brought in the bottom half of a dog house inside, I know because I had lived in one until they'd brought me inside. The people put the blankets I'd been laying on since I'd come in, and gave me treats evertime I went near or into it. I sleep there now, it's very cozy.
I know now that I'm going to have puppies soon. I can feel and see them moving in my belly. The humans have taken to checking my temperature three times a day, and while I don't like that very much they pet me and whisper comferting things. I don't understand, but they make me feel better anyway. I'm very happy here, I feel loved and safe. Things have never been better.

Yours, Sunny

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 06:48 AM
What a beautiful dog, and what a lovely person you are to take her in. I hope the birth goes well.