Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 05:33 AM

Axel 1 - Humans 0

I think we've given up...Axel has continued to go on the couch while we're out and hubbie is getting less annoyed by it.

The last couple of times we've gone out, I've just informed hubbie that I'm covering the couch "just in case Axel gets on" Above is a screen grab from our webcam while we're out. He barely moved! I think he's quite happy with the new arrangement, hopefully hubbie will continue not minding
So fingers crossed that's it! No extra bed needed and I'll just need to protect the base from his nails.

Do you think he looks content?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 05:38 AM
Hubby's right to give in....... Axel 1 - hubby 0.......just how it should be

common sight here
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 06:01 AM
No sighthound should be sleeping on the floor.... or so that is what Axel thinks
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 07:18 AM
I think you need a bigger throw.
Well done to OH for being pragmatic.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 07:24 AM
He's just keeping the sofa nice and warm for you getting back -no one wants to sit on a cold leather sofa and get a draughty butt and he's helping!
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:07 AM
He looks so content. I have the same argument with my OH - he says "Keep them off the sofa" but I love them cuddling up with me on the sofa, so whilst OH is out at work, we all get on the sofa!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Hubby's right to give in....... Axel 1 - hubby 0.......just how it should be

common sight here
I think he realised it was just going to happen!

Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
No sighthound should be sleeping on the floor.... or so that is what Axel thinks
Indeed, he looks quite happy with the arrangement!

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I think you need a bigger throw.
Well done to OH for being pragmatic.
I have since added a thick blanket and tucked it into the base cushions so if he digs his beds (there is now a 3rd added ) then he shouldn't damage the leather, that way hubby can't really complain. He doesn't get on while we're there and you should see on the webcam how quick he scarpers off when he hears the keys!

Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
He's just keeping the sofa nice and warm for you getting back -no one wants to sit on a cold leather sofa and get a draughty butt and he's helping!
Indeed, he's being very helpful, bless him. I don't mind him going on at all because it keeps him happy while we're at work, win win

Originally Posted by Jugsmalone View Post
He looks so content. I have the same argument with my OH - he says "Keep them off the sofa" but I love them cuddling up with me on the sofa, so whilst OH is out at work, we all get on the sofa!
He is I'm not quite at brave as you, I wouldn't dream of getting him on while I'm at home incase he does it when hubbie is there....give it time
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Axel is playing the hound game ! My hubby was the same , now he has them cuddled up and often ends up on the beanbag on the floor because one of them has stretched out on one of the sofas, as long as he will get down on command and maybe train him to ask to get on the sofa (Tom will sit in front of you , give a paw, rest his neck on the sofa , give the puppy dog eyes but wont get up until you invite him to) then all will be well, Tom looks so put out when told to get down and if we have a full house there is a nice soft bed in the dining room that is plan b for him . There is a reason they are known as couch potatoes ! lol
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 09:29 AM
In the majority of racing kennels the dogs have a raised platform in their kennel for their bed. Greyhounds don't like to lay on the floor if they can help it because of draughts and also they have been taught the raised bit is for sleeping on.
They don't know our sofas or chairs are anything else but the raised platform bed they have always been used to, which is why they use them and we can squeeze in between them if there is space.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 09:54 AM
My hubby just grinned when Nancy finally discovered the sofa to be honest (but he's the soft touch and I'm the one who'd be harsh on them if I had to be - but greyhound tummy makes a lovely footwarmer).

Layton has currently decided he wants access to the internet and after a couple of attempts where the chair wheeled away as he tried to get up - he's commandeered hubby's computer chair so he can sit next to me.

Layton sits and waits to be asked onto the sofa if there's a human there - Nancy... will attempt to squish herself into a 1cm spare space and wriggle around until the space fits her.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >