View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 11:43 AM

OK who else has started their Christmas shopping?

Just been browsing the massively reduced box sets on Amazon and spotted a few possibles for my mum (lots of classic film trio DVDs reduced to a fiver). Thinking of buying a lot of baking books and bits and putting them all together in a basket for her so I can make it look more expensive than it is since we're skint since hubby drove into the back of a chelsea tractor the other day

Bought my stepfather the world's most boring present (he's a NIGHTMARE to buy for - the other year I bought him a picnic basket to go to the cricket with and he was overjoyed iwth it) - a new postbox for the gate post since their old one has lost its flap meaning all the post gets drowned when it rains and they're out at work and it takes four days to dry out a bank statement so it's legible.

No clue what to buy my 24 year old brother this year... or the husband since I ain't buying him any more books till he's read last year's ones!

Dreadfully disorganised this year - normally have it all done by October end since I've got a run of birthdays from mid-Nov through December and into January so I tend to do it all in one lump together and just wrap in either festive/non-festive wrapper.

Inspiration's run thin this year - I normally can think of loads of crafty things to do for extra presents and this year my mind's gone blank!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Hehehe Pepsi's has just arrived.
I sent for some stuffingless dog toys.
I have given her one Unfortunately it has a squeek so she is now lying on the floor desperately trying to bite out the squeek

I have to say you have got some very thoughtful pressies there.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Mines all done, the only things left to do are:

Order the food
Write the cards and post
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 12:11 PM
I've bought a few bits and pieces here and there, I find some people really easy to buy for and have actually seen two perfect presents for two friends so have got both, one for their christmas presents and one for their birthday in February and April!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Christmas..
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2011, 12:25 PM
OMG! You lot are making me feel sooo guilty! I haven't even thought about it yet. I'm a real Bah Humbug when it comes to Christmas. I don't send cards out, everyone that knows me understands that I split £50 between various charities in lieu of cards. Shopping for gifts will be done on the internet and it'll be a VERY small list. However, I do try to be original and creative when I'm choosing gifts, though occassionally they're so off the wall that they're not always gratefully received
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 01:28 PM
I don't buy anything for anyone for Christmas until about a week before.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 01:56 PM
I usually have all mine done by October but haven't even thought about it yet this year

I have absolutely no idea what I'm getting either,I shall just get vouchers for Stepmum and my Dad,Nan I shall get some chocs and a bottle of sherry and a few other bits,my brother I usually get him and his girlfriend a bottle of something nice like southern comfort.

I have no idea what I am getting O/H or the kids this year,Luke and Tom both mentioned Ipods,Lizzie needs a new phone but apart from that I'm stumped
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Im looking forward to christmas....havent done any shopping yet though
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-09-2011, 12:55 PM
just designing the cards now lol havent thought of anything else yet only a small list tho xxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >