Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 10:34 AM

Show Quality, Eh?

An advert in this weeks paper states Labradoodles for sale, stunning Multi-gen pups, Show Quality. with 1st injection and pedigrees? Errr, what?

Talk about mis-leading!! People will start thinking these are actual a pedigree dog. What do you think of this?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 10:43 AM
what`s a multi-gen btw?
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Maybe you should act as a customer and give them a call. Ask them to clarify what they mwean by show quality when their dogs are crossbreeds?
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
what`s a multi-gen btw?
Multi-generation pedigree, well - I thought that - just how many Labradoodles have they bred over the years?

Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Maybe you should act as a customer and give them a call. Ask them to clarify what they mwean by show quality when their dogs are crossbreeds?
Oh heck, I'd better not - am feeling quite chilled today and if I was to go there I'd end up in a slanging match!!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 10:53 AM
I woulder which shows are putting on classes for them to prove the quality.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2011, 11:31 AM
A member of our family has just aquired a cockerpoo pup. She is aderment that the KC are going to accept them soon and she will be able to show it.

Even worse her vet has told her she should not have him castrated but should use him as a stud when he's older despite the fact he has a retained testicle
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
A member of our family has just aquired a cockerpoo pup. She is aderment that the KC are going to accept them soon and she will be able to show it.

Even worse her vet has told her she should not have him castrated but should use him as a stud when he's older despite the fact he has a retained testicle

That vet needs shooting. I don't think it is really a vets business to give such advise unless it is on health grounds.

Unless they miss heard and only heard what they wanted.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
That vet needs shooting. I don't think it is really a vets business to give such advise unless it is on health grounds.

Unless they miss heard and only heard what they wanted.

She told my OH the vet checked the pup over gave him his jab then asked if she was going to use him as a stud. His owner told OH the vet said she could put him to stud I don't know whether the vet actually noticed he had got a retained testicle or not it was the owner who tolf OH about it. He told her she shouldn't breed from him he needed castrating as the retained testicle could turn cancerous.

I know she did have the dog with the intention of breeding from him.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 12:03 PM
You see could and should mean different things to me.

The vet saying you could but him to stud is totally different to the vet saying you should put him to stud.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
You see could and should mean different things to me.

The vet saying you could but him to stud is totally different to the vet saying you should put him to stud.
Well not being there I only know what was told to me. I was told the story by 2 different people the first saying the vet said she should use him to stud the second saying she could put him to stud.

Either way with something that has been proved to be inherited IMO the vet should have told her straight the dog needed to be castrated.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >