Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 07:18 PM

Men in Uniform

I thought I would show you my Man in Uniform.

Here he is after 5 weeks in his Army training for the 1st Battalion Rifles - he passed the thing he needed to pass (can't remember what it was) and this is him sporting his Green Beret

Sorry for the lighting on the picture.. it's a photo the military photographer took so I've just shot it with my camera..

I'm still confused as to why it says R4 on his tag thingy, when he's working towards a job in Rifles 1 - who knows hey?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Very handsome. You must be very proud.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I second that.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
I second that.
And I third it!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
I second that.
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
And I third it!
I am - I just wish he'd be proud of his achievements too - but thats a different story
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 10:28 AM
love a man in uniform my mums husband was in the army, needless to say i made lots of friends, and regularly parked myself at mums front room window when they were doing their training they ran past every day

you should be very proud of him
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Very nice Might not be seeing our soldiers in combats soon I'm afraid. Not for every day use anyway. Apparently it's changing to some horrible brown trousers and weird coloured shirts. Dead practical

Be glad he's not got the Smurf beret my hubby spent the last 3 years complaining about wearing Could the R be because he's still in training?

And just a word of advice, we've been told NOT to post pics of anyone in uniform on the face and book site and other places like that. Apparently it's a security issue. Yet I still see a lot of pics of men in uniform on there.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 11:45 AM
I know there's quite a few scams where people join dating sites pretending to be in the army and scam money out of their victims, perhaps that's why it's not recommended. Maybe stick some writing on that makes the image a bit less usable or something
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I know there's quite a few scams where people join dating sites pretending to be in the army and scam money out of their victims, perhaps that's why it's not recommended. Maybe stick some writing on that makes the image a bit less usable or something
I'm not sure exactly why, something to do with the info on face and book being so easy to access that it's a safety and security risk to have pics in uniform up on there, especially as a profile pic. Bit of a long shot for terrorists I'd have thought though.

Hubby told me a few have been charged over pics on fb. Don't know exactly what the pics showed though. As I say, I still see loads of pics on there so....

It's all very confusing, they tell you one thing then contradict themselves all the time when it comes to security
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 12:08 PM
I haven't put it on Face B. The lads aren't allowed to take pictures of weapons and put them on social networking sites. Yet I have seen loads of photos on there too..

And you can tell that this is a photo of a photo so if anyone uses it for their own needs then they're a little sad..
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >