Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 12:20 PM

Another example of Dogs knowing you are sore

So as you can see from my rather long post in Chat I was out on an expedition with the cadets at the weekend.

One of the mountain leaders had his year old BC with him, she was ever so sweet, I only met her at the start and once during the whole hike as she was with another group but our RSM (regimental Sgt Major) who was with the group she was in, said that whenever one of the cadets was sore she was straight over cuddling in and trying to kiss him or her better.

She also seemed to know that the one girl in their group was struggling cause whenever they stopped Hattie (the dog) was straight onto the girls knee for cuddles (the lassie was well chuffed with this).

I got home and Dougal was also sensing I was in pain cause he was ever so gentle when he came up for cuddles. Instead of his usual hurtling himself onto my knee he was creeping over and settling onto me.

They are clever sometimes aren't they?!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Ah Samson must be missing that gene lol bless them it is true though you've always got a dog close by when your having a cry to lick away the tears, they just wanna make you feel better
fiwen30
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Very true! My fiance's, family's BC usually treats me with cold indifference, but when I broke down on the floor crying one day he was insistant that he would nuzzle at my arms and lick my ears untill I started laughing again. Very sweet dog, when he wants to be.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 05:00 PM
phoebe doesnt know. i spent most of yesterday gardening and felt like my back was broke by the end. took phoebe for her night walk and she was just as pulley she also wasnt very gentle coming for cuddles
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Ah -how sweet!

Parker is very "sensitive" and this is a bit of a pain sometimes as I cannot have a good cry when he is about as he gets very upset . If my husband Jamie is at home then he will go and find him and paw at him and lead him to me to sort me out! we call it the "Lassie complex"!
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 07:48 PM
It's amazing isn't it - how they just 'know'

I was worried about Bri when he came home from hospital with his broken back but Kiara and Bailey both treated him with kid gloves
glitter fairy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2012, 08:57 PM
my last dog (god rest his soul) was a gsd who thought he was a lap dog and would always sit or lay on my lap, except when i dislocated my knee. for the whole time i was in plaster and for a few weeks after he led on the floor next to me and was very gentle around me. He also tried to lick my housemates new tattoo better!