View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 10:10 PM

Does anyone rollerblade/skate with their dogs?

Does anyone rollerblade/skate with their dogs?
Spaniel7
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-08-2011, 10:19 PM
i skate with my dog! she loves it does get alot of attention though.
i love skating and it came natural to saba to stay next to me.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Wow that sounds great!!
Whereabouts do you go? I too live in London, do you feel limited by where you can skate? Can you only skate on smooth surfaces? And do you roller or inline?
Lots of questions
Spaniel7
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-08-2011, 10:31 PM
i mostly go to parks that have wide paths to easily maneuver around people. i dont mind the surface although sometimes rough are dangerous because if you hit an uneven bit of pavement it will get you of balance and once your dog/s are in the rhythm you will most likely fall,i fell 4 times while with the dog but i admit it was because i wanted see how fast i can go, my opinion stay on smooth and you and your dogs will enjoy it greatly.
Spaniel7
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-08-2011, 10:33 PM
i used to practice around where i live but i would not recommend it as you always have to be on the look out for trouble i once was pulled at my own will really fast down a street because my dog saw a cat lol.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Spaniel7 View Post
i mostly go to parks that have wide paths to easily maneuver around people. i dont mind the surface although sometimes rough are dangerous because if you hit an uneven bit of pavement it will get you of balance and once your dog/s are in the rhythm you will most likely fall,i fell 4 times while with the dog but i admit it was because i wanted see how fast i can go, my opinion stay on smooth and you and your dogs will enjoy it greatly.
Sounds like somewhere like Richmond park would be good. Need to check out how many paths before taking the plunge!
Do you keep the dog on the led?
Also inline or 4 wheels?
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Spaniel7 View Post
i used to practice around where i live but i would not recommend it as you always have to be on the look out for trouble i once was pulled at my own will really fast down a street because my dog saw a cat lol.
Haha oops! My dog is terrified of traffic so that is not an option anyway and not sure I trust myself either We would both be run over in no time!
Spaniel7
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-08-2011, 10:38 PM
inline and yes my dog is always on lead trust me its hard to keep your dog safe i.e i was skating with my dog of lead in a park with a friend when a dog came bounding across some flower beds and its not easy getting to your dog on skates on grass and if something happens preventing it,i rather be on the safe side.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 10:42 PM
I got some skates a few years back
tried it (no dog attached)
fell spectaculrly in a rose bush and was sitting the next day in an important buisness meeting with scabs on my elbows and knees

Im not coordinated enough to skate - odd cos I was great as a kid
NCA1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Jeez i would never try it If Saff saw a cat/a dog she didn't like..! Well done to those of you who can do it successfully though!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >