View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ciárna_Brighid
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-06-2011, 09:30 PM

Fencing for Ciárna. - Keeping Her Safe!!

Hi everyone. Hoping you are all keeping great and hoping everyone's dogs are in good spirits too!! I am sorry I have not posted in a while as I have been up to my eyes with things.
On Monday & Tuesday of this week I had a guy come out to put up fencing against the hedge in the front garden. Ciárna was forever making holes in the hedge and getting through to the other side. She got into next door to the left of me and was able to get unto the footpath, although I had her on the cable line hook. Even with the cable line though my heart was always in my mouth because someone coming along could just Ciárna off the cable hook and take her with them, or even worse. allow Ciárna unto the main road and get knocked down by a car. I know someone would do this, just to get back at me, an ex boyfriend!!
So, to be safe than sorry I got this fencing done and I am glad I have it done because I can feel more at ease and relax a bit more now. She cannot get out anywhere now!! The money we spend on our dogs is unbelievable though!!! You would never thinking of having to get such things done until after you have a dog!!! However, I wouldn't be without Ciárna for the world! She is worth every penny to me!!

I also got a gate put up at the top of my steps too. This is for more privacy. It's so that people cannot look in when I am lying out in the sun and so my ex cannot look in and see what I am doing as well.

On Sunday past, Monday and yesterday I painted my metal gate. I painted it black. It was a horrible light grey colour and the old paint was all chipped and the gate was full of rust! It is shining now.
Pictures follow.....

Tomorrow, Ciárna and I are off to a Mutt March!!!! All week I have been asking people to sponsor me. I've raised well over Ł100.00's. All proceeds is going to the U.S.P.C.A & Pets As Therapy which a is a fantastic charity.
Last year I took part in this and won a prize because I had the most amount money raised!!!

Next week I will be busy too. The wall above my coalfire is going to be dug out for liners to be put into the wall so that the smoke from the coalfire will not go into my bedroom. If I light the fire now, the smoke from the coal fire will go into my bedroom and will set off the Carbon Dioxide alarm, as it did do before.
So, my home will be a mess and just Christmas past I decorated the living room. Ah well, I will do it again and and be done with it this time. No point in crying about it.

I should really post pictures of my living room because it is full of Labrador stuff.

Talk to you all soon,

Love Norma
Ciárna_Brighid
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-06-2011, 10:04 PM
new gate............

Painted metal gate......

new fencing.....

Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female